Club Plus PensionInformation shown is for the rated option.
What the Researchers Say:
A "best value for money" fund. Well balanced across all key assessment criteria in a robust, secure and proven risk framework. The fund provides features that should assist most individuals to meet their retirement goals.
You should contact your financial adviser or this fund before making an investment decision.
|Balance||This Fund||Industry Average||Difference|
Fees & Charges
|Asset Admin Fee||0.10%|
|Account Size Discount||No|
|Employer Size Discount||N/A|
|Financial Planning Service|
|Non-lapsing Binding Nominations|
|Insurance Life Event Increases|
|Long Term Income Protection|
About this Fund
|Offered to Public?|
|Fund Type||Industry-Allocated Pension|
Fund Highlights - provided by Club Plus Pension
Fund Rating Snapshot
- Below Average
Rating Categories Clockwise from top
- Performance is based on the past 5 years for their core balanced option
- Investment Choices
- Points scored on additional benefits to members ie: Home loans, Credit Cards, Health Insurance, Reverse Mortgage, shopping discounts, anti detriment payments and many others
- Investment Processes
- Points scored on contribution collection, via cheque, cash, Eftpos, Bpay, direct debit and other features
- Small Account Fees
- Points scored on the fees and charges based on an account size of $5k
- Medium Account Fees
- Points scored on the fees and charges based on an account size of $50k
- Large Account Fees
- Points scored on the fees and charges based on an account size of $100k
- Death Insurance
- Points scored on premium costs and features for Death Insurance ie: Min/Max level of cover, cover available during unpaid, whilst overseas, max age and other features
- Death and TPD Insurance
- Points scored on premium costs features for Death and TPD Insurance ie: Min/Max level of cover, cover available during unpaid, whilst overseas, max age and other features
- Income Protection Insurance
- Points scored on premium costs features for Income Protection insurance ie: Min/Max level of cover, cover available during unpaid, whilst overseas, max% on monthly salary, waiting days available and other features
- Member Services
- Points scored on additional benefits offered to members ie Statement frequency and newsletter communications and other features
- Administration Services
- Points scored on the fund structure ie switching between investments, selecting regular contributions, nominated beneficiary changes, changing insurance options. For Service features like call centre, adviser services reports and many other features.
- Financial Advice
- Points scored on features in respect to financial advice facilities offered ie, by phone, internet, face to face, cost of scaled advice and others.
- Points scored on Trustee structure, number of independent directors , renumeration and proxy voting policy and risk
- Excellent: Score of 75%-100%
- Premium performer in this area. Well above benchmark.
- Good: Score of 51%-74%
- Better than most funds. Above benchmark
- Average: Score of 26%-50%
- Placed close to benchmark
- Below average: Score of below 25%
- Not quite up to speed. Lower than benchmark.
Investment Option Performance
|Asset Allocation Category||FYTD||FY 2015||FY 2014||FY 2013||FY 2012||FY 2011||Comparison|
- Outperformed average
- Underperformed average
- Negative returns
Annualised figures are the average per year returns of the rated option based on the cumulative returns for the past 5 years to 30/06/2015, past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance. Performance and fee data is based on the option which is rated by SuperRatings and stated on each product's landing page.
Benchmark investment information - how performance is measured
To ensure comparability for consumers, the RateCity superannuation comparison is based on the asset allocation of each of the MySuper/Pension products, irrespective of the name of the investment option. This methodology allows consumers to compare products on a like for like basis and removes any ambiguities associated with the name of the investment option. For example, an investment option may be classified as growth, however its asset allocation may in fact mean it should be classified as high growth. By using the asset allocation as the dominant identifier, we believe this provides the most robust framework for consumers to compare funds and recognise that this is a consistent approach to that of SuperRatings methodology.
Percentage of Growth Assets
What the researchers say
Club Plus Super was set up for Club Industry employees in NSW and the ACT, with membership also open to the general public. Club Plus Pension has achieved a Platinum rating for the past 7 consecutive years. A minimum initial investment of $20,000 is required to commence membership.
Club Plus Pension offers members a choice of 6 investment options, as well as a Direct Investment Option providing access to Direct Shares listed on the S&P/ASX 300, a range of Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) and Term Deposits. The Balanced option underperformed the SuperRatings index over the 5 years to 30 June 2015, although it has outperformed over the longer term.
Club Plus Pension's fees are lower than the industry average across all account balances assessed. No fees are charged for switching investments, while the first withdrawal each year is free. However, an exit fee applies for additional lump sum withdrawals.
Club Plus Pension provides good flexibility, with members having the ability to receive payments twice-monthly through to annually. Members can nominate the investment option(s) from which pension payments are to be taken and can commence drawdown of their pension on approach to retirement, via the Transition to Retirement Pension. Members can also select from reversionary pension, binding death nomination and non-binding lump sum death benefits.
Club Plus Super provides financial advice through Club Plus Financial Planning, and also offers low cost banking through ME Bank. The secure online facility; MemberAccess, allows members to view and updated account details, as well as perform transactions.