ING DIRECT Pension AccountInformation shown is for the rated option.
What the Researchers Say:
A "best value for money" fund. Well balanced across all key assessment criteria in a robust, secure and proven risk framework. The fund provides features that should assist most individuals to meet their retirement goals.
You should contact your financial adviser or this fund before making an investment decision.
|Balance||This Fund||Industry Average||Difference|
Fees & Charges
|Asset Admin Fee||0.50%|
|Account Size Discount||Yes|
|Employer Size Discount||N/A|
|Financial Planning Service|
|Non-lapsing Binding Nominations|
|Insurance Life Event Increases|
|Long Term Income Protection|
About this Fund
|Offered to Public?|
|Fund Type||Master Trust-Allocated Pension|
Fund Highlights - provided by ING DIRECT Pension Account
Fund Rating Snapshot
- Below Average
Rating Categories Clockwise from top
- Performance is based on the past 5 years for their core balanced option
- Investment Choices
- Points scored on additional benefits to members ie: Home loans, Credit Cards, Health Insurance, Reverse Mortgage, shopping discounts, anti detriment payments and many others
- Investment Processes
- Points scored on contribution collection, via cheque, cash, Eftpos, Bpay, direct debit and other features
- Small Account Fees
- Points scored on the fees and charges based on an account size of $5k
- Medium Account Fees
- Points scored on the fees and charges based on an account size of $50k
- Large Account Fees
- Points scored on the fees and charges based on an account size of $100k
- Death Insurance
- Points scored on premium costs and features for Death Insurance ie: Min/Max level of cover, cover available during unpaid, whilst overseas, max age and other features
- Death and TPD Insurance
- Points scored on premium costs features for Death and TPD Insurance ie: Min/Max level of cover, cover available during unpaid, whilst overseas, max age and other features
- Income Protection Insurance
- Points scored on premium costs features for Income Protection insurance ie: Min/Max level of cover, cover available during unpaid, whilst overseas, max% on monthly salary, waiting days available and other features
- Member Services
- Points scored on additional benefits offered to members ie Statement frequency and newsletter communications and other features
- Administration Services
- Points scored on the fund structure ie switching between investments, selecting regular contributions, nominated beneficiary changes, changing insurance options. For Service features like call centre, adviser services reports and many other features.
- Financial Advice
- Points scored on features in respect to financial advice facilities offered ie, by phone, internet, face to face, cost of scaled advice and others.
- Points scored on Trustee structure, number of independent directors , renumeration and proxy voting policy and risk
- Excellent: Score of 75%-100%
- Premium performer in this area. Well above benchmark.
- Good: Score of 51%-74%
- Better than most funds. Above benchmark
- Average: Score of 26%-50%
- Placed close to benchmark
- Below average: Score of below 25%
- Not quite up to speed. Lower than benchmark.
Investment Option Performance
|Asset Allocation Category||FYTD||FY 2015||FY 2014||FY 2013||FY 2012||FY 2011||Comparison|
|Diversified Fixed Interest||
- Outperformed average
- Underperformed average
- Negative returns
Annualised figures are the average per year returns of the rated option based on the cumulative returns for the past 5 years to 30/06/2015, past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance. Performance and fee data is based on the option which is rated by SuperRatings and stated on each product's landing page.
Benchmark investment information - how performance is measured
To ensure comparability for consumers, the RateCity superannuation comparison is based on the asset allocation of each of the MySuper/Pension products, irrespective of the name of the investment option. This methodology allows consumers to compare products on a like for like basis and removes any ambiguities associated with the name of the investment option. For example, an investment option may be classified as growth, however its asset allocation may in fact mean it should be classified as high growth. By using the asset allocation as the dominant identifier, we believe this provides the most robust framework for consumers to compare funds and recognise that this is a consistent approach to that of SuperRatings methodology.
Percentage of Growth Assets
What the researchers say
Winner of the 2014 Fast Mover award, ING DIRECT's Living Super Pension is an online, low-cost retirement product that can be tailored to suit the needs of members.
The fund offers a comprehensive investment menu with 3 Diversified and 7 Single Sector index tracking options, managed by State Street Global Advisers. Cash and Term Deposits managed by ING DIRECT are also provided at no cost. Although no actively managed investments are offered, members looking for a greater degree of control can access direct equities for an additional fee.
ING DIRECT's Living Super Pension Balanced option offers members zero ongoing administration or management fees. Fees across the fund's other options, including our rated Growth option, are also competitive, with the 0.50% administration fee capped at $1,000 and a flat 0.25% IMF applying. No fees are charged for investment switches, however buy/sell spreads apply.
Pension flexibility is solid with a wide variety of payment frequencies offered. Payments are made directly into the member's nominated bank account and can increase automatically annually in line with CPI. Members can select their own drawdown order or use the fund's default.
Other benefits include access to financial advice offered through Money Solutions on a fee for service basis, online retirement calculators and single account access to both banking and superannuation transactions.