There’s an app for everything now days so why not use them to give your savings a boost?
But with such a huge wide range of offerings available on both Android and Apple devices, filtering through the sea of options can be daunting, not to mention, time consuming.
RateCity.com.au has done the hard work for you, with our pick of the best top ten free apps for saving and budgeting that will help you reach your savings goals faster:
- Your bank’s app – Downloading the app provided by your bank can come with many handy features. Not only will you be able to check your bank balances and make transfers but you can also use their ATM tracker function to find ATMs that won’t charge you fees for withdrawals. If you have your super with your bank, you’ll also see how it’s performing every time you log in, keeping something that often gets forgotten, front of mind.
- Debt Tracker – If a constant reminder to pay off debt sounds motivating rather than depressing to you then the Debt Tracker app could be what you need to get on top of the money you owe. No matter how big or small you can enter the amount you owe and watch with satisfaction as you pay it off and the numbers go down.
- Wally – Never letting more money go out than you have coming in is a pretty straightforward rule but can be tricky to keep track of in reality. A simple budgeting app such as Wally allows you to track incoming money against outgoing expenses giving you a clear picture of where your money is going and how it can be used better.
- Mobile data tracker – Many of us have been caught out exceeding our monthly data on our mobile phone plan and paying more to extend our limit. Tracking your mobile data usage using your provider’s app could be a solution to making sure you slow down before you exceed your monthly limit and get stuck paying more than you intended.
- Groupon – Everyone loves a good coupon deal and with Groupon you could be saving on everything from dinner tonight to a massage on the weekend. The app will notify you of local deals and is a great way to find a bargain for your next outing.
- Petrol Spy Australia – This fuel price tracking app lets you see the cheapest prices available in your local area so you never fill up with over-priced fuel again. Top that with the fact that there is a chance every second day to win a $25 fuel voucher and it’s pretty safe to say that this app has great potential to help you reach saving goals.
- Splittable – Splittable allows people who share a home to easily split and pay each other back for all living expenses including anything from rent/electricity to buying rolls of toilet paper. Splittable's goal is to help solve those financial arguments about household finances between anyone from students or young professionals to couples living together. Splittable is available as an iOS, Android and web app.
- GetPrice – This app is the Aussie version of a popular US phenomenon that allows you to scan the barcode of products to provide you with a price comparison of that product in surrounding stores. This give you the power to shop around and bargain for purchases in store, saving you hard earned money.
- Gumtree – Saving money can be as easy as finding a second hand bargain. Shop for gifts, necessities or even a new unicycle, it’s all on available on Gumtree and accessible through their app. You can also sell your unwanted goods for extra cash to people in your local area to avoid hefty postage costs.
- Free messaging apps – From Facebook Messenger to Skype to Viber there’s no shortage of free apps to help you contact the people who are most important to you. With these apps allowing calling as well all you have to do is link up to the nearest free WiFi and make as many long distance calls as your heart desires to save money on what could otherwise be a hefty phone bill.