If you are in the market for comprehensive car insurance, compare car insurance quotes onlineat comparison websites such as RateCity. By comparing car insurance online you can find the best value one that suits you.
To cut your insurance bill even further, here are some handy tips:
- Security devices: Security devices like car alarms and immobilisers can help reduce the price of your car insurance premium, as it reduces the possibility of it being stolen or broken into. If you don’t have any security devices, consider installing at least one. Or if you have one or both of these items make sure you include them in your policy.
- Restrict drivers: Most car insurance companies allow you to restrict or limit the age of drivers of the car. Doing this can reduce your premium. For instance RateCity compared quotes using the same driver profile of a 30 year-old single male driver and restricted the driver age to 30 year-olds, and then the same profile with no age restriction. The results showed a saving of up to $60 by restricting the driver age to 30 year-olds out of the car insurance companies listed on RateCity.
- Opt to pay a higher excess: Some car insurance companies allow you to choose how much excess to pay should you make a claim. By choosing to pay a higher excess when you compare car insurance quotes online your premium will be reduced. But keep in mind that if you make a claim you will have to pay the excess amount that you agreed to.
- Pay in full: Most car insurance companies allow you to pay your premium in full for a year or by the month and some even each quarter. If you can afford it, pay your premium in full for one year as it usually works out cheaper compared to paying by the month.
- Increase your no-claim bonus: Your no-claim bonus is the discount off your car insurance premium as a reward for being a good driver and not making any claims. For every year that you are claim-free your discount increases, however usually 60 percent or level one is the maximum discount you can receive. To keep yourself claim free and increase your no-claim bonus, drive carefully and reduce any chance of being involved in a collision.
See how much you can save and compare car insurance quotes online.