Electronic Wallet Service
|2 points for $1 spent||Visa||uncapped||eligible purchases|
- Free Domestic Travel Insurance Available when you use your card to pay for return domestic travel. Covers up to $3000 for the entire cost of your return flights.
- Free International Travel Insurance Available when you use your Card to pay for return international travel
- Free Supplementary Cards Supplementary cardholder must be over 16 years of age
- Purchase Protection Covers up to $2,500 per item and $25,000 per year. Item must be new and unopened.
- Extended Warranty Warranty is extended for the same duration as the original warranty up to 1 year.
- Rental Car Excess Insurance Covers up to $5,000 per covered person or family, subject to $250 excess
- Special Events Provided through Visa entertainment and includes ticket pre-sales and exclusive offers
- Airport Lounge Access to overseas airport lounges (excludes airport lounges in Australia.). Services charges apply.
Similar credit cards
The Macquarie Bank Black Card (Macquarie Rewards) has a high purchase interest rate, a moderate annual fee and a moderately high minimum credit limit. It also has a moderate interest-free period.
Cardholders of the Macquarie Bank Black Card (Macquarie Rewards) can earn points for spending as part of the Macquarie Rewards program, which can be redeemed for e-gift cards at a range of Australian and global retailers. Bonus points can also be earned if a certain spending threshold is met during the stipulated timeframe.
This card also comes with a range of complimentary insurances, including overseas travel insurance for the cardholder, cardholder’s spouse and children, interstate flight inconvenience insurance and extended warranty insurance. Customers also receive a complimentary airport concierge service and fast-tracked airport services at numerous airports worldwide.
Additionally, customers have access to exclusive sporting and entertainment event offers as part of the Visa Entertainment program.
- Rewards program
- Complimentary insurances
- Balance transfer offer
- High interest rate
- High late payment fee
- International spending fees
Who is it good for?
The Macquarie Bank Black Card (Macquarie Rewards) might be a good fit for people who spend regularly on their credit card and pay it off each month, who also prefer gift card rewards rather than frequent flyer points.
As this card comes with an introductory balance transfer deal, it might also be suitable for people who are thinking about switching lenders and who don’t want to pay interest on the transferred balance (for a limited time).
This card would also be beneficial for people who want peace of mind when travelling and spending on their card thanks to its relatively extensive range of included insurances.
On the other hand, the card’s high interest rate means it’s probably not the most appropriate choice for people on a tight budget or those who rarely use a credit card.
What RateCity says
This card offers an interesting mix of benefits that are likely to appeal to different types of customers. For example, the complimentary insurances and airport fast-track service are especially advantageous for travellers, but the rewards program is geared towards gift cards rather than frequent flyer points.
For people seeking out these specific perks, the Macquarie Bank Black Card (Macquarie Rewards) is likely to be an attractive option.
However, if your main motivation for having a credit card is for the travel benefits, it might be worth choosing the Macquarie Bank Black Card (Qantas Rewards) instead or shopping around further.
And while a high interest rate is typical for a premium rewards card like this one, it also means the risk of debt is higher. As such, if you’re not confident you can pay your bill off on time each month, a lower-rate card could be a better fit.
To be eligible for the Macquarie Bank Black Card (Macquarie Rewards), you must be at least 18 years old and be an Australian permanent resident. You must also have an Australian address, email and mobile number. When you apply online or at a branch, you will be asked to provide proof of ID, personal details and information about your income, assets and liabilities (such as payslips and bank statements). Applications typically take around 10 minutes to complete.
About Macquarie Bank
Macquarie Group Limited is a global investment banking and diversified financial services group headquartered in Sydney. Founded in 1969, today Macquarie Bank employs more than 14,000 staff in over 70 office locations across 28 countries. The bank’s finance products include bank accounts, credit cards, home loans, car loans and more, as well as various business, corporate and advisory services. Customers can manage their finances through online banking and the mobile app, or by visiting a branch.
Popular credit cards searches
- amplify platinum amplify rewards bank of melbourne credit cards
- no foreign transaction fee credit cards
- vertigo platinum bank of melbourne credit cards
- no annual fee visa bank of melbourne credit cards
- visa classic credit card northern inland credit union credit cards
- amplify platinum amplify qantas banksa credit cards
- visa credit card people s choice credit union credit cards
- no interest credit cards credit cards
- bluey card qbank credit cards
- low rate credit card racq credit cards
- View more searches
Credit cards offering rewards can be great if you know you’ll use the card enough to get significant rewards points, and use the rewards you earn.
They can also come with high annual fees that may end up nullifying the rewards, so think how often you use the card to decide whether the benefits outweigh the extra cost for you. A card with a lower annual fee might require a lot of spending to get any useful rewards, while another card with a higher annual fee might need fewer purchases to get a reward.
Also, think about the types of benefits you’d like. There’s no point in getting a card with rewards for retailers you never visit, or travel you don’t have time to use.