Electronic Wallet Service
|4 points for $1 spent||Visa||uncapped||eligible purchases at Hilton hotels and resorts|
|1 point for $1 spent||Visa||uncapped||all other eligible purchases|
- Free International Travel Insurance Cover for your your spouse and any dependent children when you pay for overseas travel using your Hilton HHonors Macquarie Platinum Card. Unlimited overseas medical emergency expenses cover. Up to $500000 transport accident insurance for accidental loss of life.
- Purchase Protection Covers up to $2,500 per item and $25,000 per year. Item must be new and unopened.
- Extended Warranty Warranty is extended for the same duration as the original warranty up to 1 year.
- Rental Car Excess Insurance Covers up to $5,000 per covered person or family, subject to $250 excess
- Special Events Provided through Visa entertainment and includes ticket pre-sales and exclusive offers
Similar credit cards
The Macquarie Bank Hilton Honors Platinum Visa offers a high interest rate with a moderate number of interest-free days for a high annual fee.
As a cardholder, you could earn Hilton Honors Bonus Points that can be redeemed via the Hilton Honors Macquarie Platinum Card rewards program.
You could also earn rewards weekend night certificates by meeting the minimum annual spend on your card.
For an annual fee, additional cardholders could be included on the primary account. All card users have the option of using Apple Pay on compatible devices.
Transactions using this Visa are protected by Apple Pay. This app ensures the credit card number is not shared.
Apple Pay purchases and payments enjoy the security of needing a passcode or Touch ID for approval.
You can use the find my iPhone Activation Lock – a feature which prevents anyone from using your Apple device if it’s lost or stolen.
- Complimentary 24/7 concierge
- Rewards certificates
- Gold status for primary cardholders
- Interest charged on balance transfers
- High annual fee
- Late payment fee charged
Who is it good for?
The Macquarie Bank Hilton Honors Platinum Visa could benefit existing Hilton Honors members.
The credit card leverages your spending, enabling you to earn Hilton Honors Bonus Points and weekend night certificates.
If you’re not a Hilton Honors member, this Visa card provides access to the Hilton Honors program where you could unlock a range of exclusive member benefits.
The Hilton Honors Macquarie Platinum Card rewards program lets you earn and spend points on rewards, shopping and travel experiences.
You could choose to buy, gift, transfer or pool your Hilton Points. These options let you share your points with friends and family members.
There’s also the option of exchanging Hilton Points with partner rewards programs, or donating points to the organisation and/or cause of your choice.
If you’re not much of a traveller, this may not be the best credit card option for you.
What RateCity says
With a high annual fee and interest rate, the Macquarie Bank Hilton Honors Platinum Visa is a premium credit card.
Cardholders get Hilton Honors membership and the opportunity to access Hilton Honors Macquarie Platinum Card rewards program.
The Hilton Points are redeemable in a variety of ways, including via partner rewards programs.
However, it’s worth checking to see if the partner programs compliment any rewards schemes to which you currently belong.
Complimentary travel insurance is available through this credit card, as is a lowest price guarantee, digital check-in and free wi-fi at participating hotels.
If you don’t travel much or have no plans to travel regularly, the benefits of this Visa card may not be worth the associated costs.
Some benefits can only be unlocked by spending minimums. And there’s no 0 per cent balance transfers available on this Visa card.
To be eligible for the Hilton Honors Macquarie Platinum Visa you must be at least 18 years old and a permanent resident of Australia. You must have a good credit rating and a minimum income of $30,000 per annum. You can apply for this credit card online or over the phone, and will need details of your income and expenses. Acceptable forms of identification include an Australian driver's licence number (if you have one), passport or birth certificate.
About Macquarie Group
Macquarie is a diversified financial group offering asset management and finance, banking, advisory and risk and capital solutions across debt, equity and commodities. Headquartered in Sydney, Macquarie is the largest Australian investment bank and the top-ranked mergers and acquisitions adviser in Australia. Macquarie Group employs more than 14,000 staff in more than 70 office locations across 28 countries and has more than $450 billion in assets under management. Its global operations include offices in the world's major financial centres.
Popular credit cards searches
- david jones card membership rewards american express credit cards
- latitude infinity latitude financial services credit cards
- essential credit card american express credit cards
- david jones card qantas points american express credit cards
- qantas ultimate card american express credit cards
- qantas discovery card american express credit cards
- velocity platinum card american express credit cards
- altitude black bundle altitude reward westpac credit cards
- rewards platinum anz credit cards
- rewards black anz credit cards
- View more searches