Tango Energy energy rates
Oops, no result found.
Include all products
Tango Energy top energy products
Tango specialises in providing fixed-rate energy plans where the supply rates and usage are fixed for a period of time. The company offers the following plans:
- Tango Blue Plan - Charges under the Tango Blue Plan are 15 per cent more than the Victorian Default Offer (VDO) reference price. The plan includes 100 per cent green power at no extra cost. The plan is available for small households who have an applicable network tariff.
- Home Select Plan - This plan comes a rate that is 18 per cent lower than the VDO reference price. The plan is available only for small households with the applicable network tariff and prices may change for those with solar system installation. The daily supply charge and usage rates, excluding feed-in tariff, demand and other charges, are fixed for a minimum of 12 months for the Tango Blue and Home Select Plans.
- Everyday Basic Plan - This offers the same rate as the VDO reference price. There is no contract, and this plan is available only if you live in the relevant distribution location with the required metering.
Tango Energy Gas plans are available via Multinet Metro. There is no contract term, and customers have a cooling-off period of 10 days. It is available if you reside within the stated distribution locations and have an eligible type of meter. The charges and fees may change if the distributor changes the meter. The daily supply and usage rates are fixed for one year and may change at the end of this period.
To learn more about Tango Energy electricity rates and Tango Energy gas rates, you can check the website or call 1800 010 648.
Solar energy with Tango
Tango Energy feed-in tariff rates depend on the state where you’re located. If you are based in NSW or Victoria, the credit you get is based on the net tariff. This means you are paid the feed-in tariff (FiT) if excess electricity generated via the solar installations is exported to the grid.
Victoria-based customers can choose from two feed-in tariff schemes. The premium FiT is available to existing customers at 60 cents/kWh. The regular FiT rate is 10.2 cents/kWh. These rates are subject to change.
If you’ve installed solar systems recently and reside in NSW, you can apply for the current FiT rate of 5.5 cents/kWh, which can change. The scheme is available only if you have NET metered solar systems.
Tango Energy Australia has some additional charges that may be applicable. These include:
Disconnection charges: This fee is applied when you move out of your house, and the power is disconnected. The amount is determined by the distributor.
Reconnection fees: This charge is levied by the distributor when they need to reconnect your supply to a new location. The fee is subject to change and set by the distributor.
Special meter read: If you move into a new house, a technician will take a special meter reading to ensure you’re charged only for additional usage.
If you want to move or switch the plan, you’ll need to make an online application or call the customer helpline number.
To learn more about the additional charges, you can click here.
Tango Energy billing
Tango gas customers are billed every two months, while electricity customers are billed monthly. You can pay the bills in the following ways:
- Direct debit
- BPAY through your bank
- On the phone
- Credit card
- Online via the company’s website
- Mail cheques or money order in favour of Tango Energy Pty Ltd
- In-person at the closest Australian Post branch.
Concessions and rebates
If you have a relevant concession card, live in a low-income household, or receive specified Centrelink payments, you may be eligible for some concessions. The valid cards include:
- Pensioner cards issued by the Department of Veterans Affairs or Centrelink
- Department of Veterans Affairs Gold Repatriation Health cards
- Health cards issued by Centrelink
To learn if you’re eligible for concessions, you can connect with Tango Energy contact number 1800 010 648 between 8.30 am and 5.30 pm from Monday through Friday. Alternatively, you can send an email to [email protected] You can also send a letter to PO Box 320, Geelong North VIC 3215.
Learn more about energy
How to find cheap gas and electricity?
One of the best ways to find cheaper gas and electricity plans is to compare the plans offered by various service providers in your area. You can compare any perks or discounts available from the retailers and the standard costs and fees. You’ll also be able to calculate the estimated monthly, quarterly, and annual costs.
Be careful choosing based solely on these upfront perks or costs, however. These discounts or lower usage perks may end when the contract or benefit period expires on your current plan. When you compare online, you can often find a better plan.
Your total energy bill includes supply and usage charges, which vary from one provider to another. You can shop around online to find a retailer that offers competitive prices on these charges and any other fees. Discounts can help reduce your bill, and it makes sense to review your bill and think about how to find cheaper gas and electric providers at least once a year.