- Last updated on 14 Jul 2020
Pay no transaction or switching fees and enjoy a range of different investment options
MyLife MyPension is provided by MyLifeMyMoney Superannuation Fund, which was established in 1971 to offer superannuation for the employed and the self-employed. In October 2019, Catholic Super partnered with Equip in a joint venture under a shared trustee.The investment menu covers a broad range of 'Managed Choice' and 'Build Your Own' options, including the RetirePlus and RetireStable options, which are tailored to members in, and transitioning to, retirement. Members can also invest in the fund's Pension Default Strategy, where three years' worth of pension payments are invested in the Cash option, while the rest is invested in the RetirePlus and Aggressive options depending on the account balance. Investment earnings under the Pension Default Strategy are automatically rebalanced each quarter to extend the length of a member's pension payments. The Balanced option underperformed the SuperRatings Index over the 1 year period to 30 June 2019, however, outperformed over the longer term. Fees are lower than the industry average across all account balances assessed. Members are able to switch investment options at no cost. MyLife MyPension provides good flexibility, with members having the ability to receive pension payments fortnightly through to annually and members able to nominate the investment option(s) from which pension payments are to be taken. Members can also select from reversionary pension, binding death nomination and non-binding lump sum death benefits.MyLife MyPension provides members with access to a free seminar program, as well as a range of online calculators and fact sheets. The fund's secure online facility, MyLife Online, further allows members to view and update account details and perform transactions.
Administration fee (%)
Indirect cost ratio (%)
Financial planning service
Employer size discount
Insurance life event increases
Non-lapsing binding nominations
Long term income protection
Account size discount
Fund fees vs. Industry average
Fund past-5-year return vs. Industry average
Investment option performance
Past 5-year return
Calc fees on 50k
Go to site
Variety of options
Popular pension funds products
AustralianSuper Choice Income Account
- Strong investment returns and low fees
- Flexible investment choice - 11 options including the Member Direct
- Free retirement seminars and webcasts
- Full online account access at any time via PensionOnline
netwealth Super Wrap - Standard Income Stream
- Wide range of investment options including managed funds, direct equities, international shares, term deposits.
- Free switching between managed funds.
- Access to international shares.
- Selected term deposits offered by authorised deposit taking institutions.
- Guaranteed income stream for life
- North is flexible and open-ended which allows contributions and withdrawals, as well as transition to retirement pensions
- Easy-to-use online website to check investments, make contributions and update details
- Growth locked in annually and Bi-annually