NESS Account Based Pension
- Last updated on 15 Jul 2020
Pay no transaction or switching fees and enjoy a range of different investment options
NESS Pension was established to service the pension needs of employees in the electrical contracting, communication and associated industries in NSW. A minimum initial investment of $20,000 is required to commence membership.Members have access to a simple investment menu comprising of 5 Diversified options and a Cash option. The Moderate option underperformed the SuperRatings Index over the 5 years to 30 June 2019.Fees are lower than the industry average for all account balances assessed, with administration fees capped at $650 pa. Members are not charged an investment switching fee or buy-sell spread.NESS Super provides reasonable flexibility, with members having the ability to receive payments twice monthly through to annually. Members with more than one investment option can nominate the proportion of payments to be drawn from each option. Beneficiary options are comprehensive, including both binding and non-binding nominations, as well as reversionary pensions. Online access, newsletters, half-yearly member statements and financial planning services are available through the fund. Members also have access to a range of additional benefits such as competitive banking products from ME Bank and discounted health insurance from NIB.
Administration fee (%)
Indirect cost ratio (%)
Financial planning service
Employer size discount
Insurance life event increases
Non-lapsing binding nominations
Long term income protection
Account size discount
Fund fees vs. Industry average
Fund past-5-year return vs. Industry average
Investment option performance
Past 5-year return
Calc fees on 50k
Go to site
NESS Account Based Pension
Variety of options
Popular pension funds products
AustralianSuper Choice Income Account
- Strong investment returns and low fees
- Flexible investment choice - 11 options including the Member Direct
- Free retirement seminars and webcasts
- Full online account access at any time via PensionOnline
netwealth Super Wrap - Standard Income Stream
- Wide range of investment options including managed funds, direct equities, international shares, term deposits.
- Free switching between managed funds.
- Access to international shares.
- Selected term deposits offered by authorised deposit taking institutions.
- Guaranteed income stream for life
- North is flexible and open-ended which allows contributions and withdrawals, as well as transition to retirement pensions
- Easy-to-use online website to check investments, make contributions and update details
- Growth locked in annually and Bi-annually