Calculate term deposit interest for G&C Mutual Bank
Pros and Cons
- Covered By government guarantee
- Interest cannot be paid to other institution
G&C Mutual Bank term deposit rates
|Savings Term||$1,000 - $99,999,999|
Similar term deposits
Popular term deposits searches
- Term Deposits Calculator
- Compare Term Deposits
- 5 Month Special Term Deposits
- 7 Month Special Term Deposits
- 9 Month Special Term Deposits
- 90 Day Term Deposits
- 180 Day Term Deposits
- 1 Year Term Deposits
- Bank Specials
- Short Term Deposits
- Long Term Deposits
- Bank Term Deposits
- High Interest Term Deposits
- Fixed Term Deposits
- term deposit amp bank term deposits
- teen plus term deposit australian military bank term deposits
- term deposit wide bay australia term deposits
- regular income investment bank of us term deposits
- term deposit banksa term deposits
- gold term deposit bendigo bank term deposits
- term deposit bendigo bank term deposits
- term deposit beyond bank term deposits
- tds premier investment boq term deposits
- View more searches
Yes, term deposits are covered by the Australian government guarantee.
Under the Financial Claims Scheme, the Australian government guarantees term deposits up to $250,000, capped at one person, per financial institution.
This means that your term deposit (if it’s $250,000 or less) is protected in the unlikely event the bank, building society or credit union collapses.
If you have more than $250,000 in a term deposit with one the one bank, for example, then only up to $250,000 of your principal is covered.
If you’ve got more than $250,000 and you wish to invest in a term deposit, you could consider dividing your money between term deposits and banks (limiting each deposit to $250,000 per bank).
That way all of your deposits are protected by the Australian government guarantee and you will not suffer any financial losses.