Calculate term deposit interest for UBank
Pros and Cons
- Covered By government guarantee
- Interest can be paid to other institution
UBank term deposit rates
|Savings Term||$1,000 - $2,000,000|
Similar term deposits
Popular term deposits searches
- Term Deposits Calculator
- Compare Term Deposits
- 5 Month Special Term Deposits
- 7 Month Special Term Deposits
- 9 Month Special Term Deposits
- 90 Day Term Deposits
- 180 Day Term Deposits
- 1 Year Term Deposits
- Bank Specials
- Short Term Deposits
- Long Term Deposits
- Bank Term Deposits
- High Interest Term Deposits
- Fixed Term Deposits
- gold term deposit bankwest term deposits
- gold benefits term deposit coastline credit union term deposits
- term deposit commonwealth bank term deposits
- term deposit gateway bank term deposits
- term deposit heritage bank term deposits
- term deposit special imb term deposits
- term deposit imb term deposits
- term deposit mystate term deposits
- term deposit nab term deposits
- View more searches
Yes, term deposits are covered by the Australian government guarantee.
Under the Financial Claims Scheme, the Australian government guarantees term deposits up to $250,000, capped at one person, per financial institution.
This means that your term deposit (if it’s $250,000 or less) is protected in the unlikely event the bank, building society or credit union collapses.
If you have more than $250,000 in a term deposit with one the one bank, for example, then only up to $250,000 of your principal is covered.
If you’ve got more than $250,000 and you wish to invest in a term deposit, you could consider dividing your money between term deposits and banks (limiting each deposit to $250,000 per bank).
That way all of your deposits are protected by the Australian government guarantee and you will not suffer any financial losses.