1. This website
This website at www.ratecity.com.au ("Site") is operated by RateCity Pty Limited ABN 12 122 743 542 Australian Financial Services Licence No: 316710, Australian Credit Licence No: 316710 ("RateCity"). Your use of the Site is subject to these terms and conditions of use ("Site T&Cs"). You should read the Site T&Cs carefully before using the information and services available through the Site.
If you continue to use the Site it means that you accept all of the Site T&Cs. If you do not agree with the Site T&Cs, you should stop using the RateCity Site immediately. RateCity reserves the right to amend, modify, add to or delete any of the Site T&Cs from time to time, and those modifications will take effect as soon as they are displayed on the Site.
2. Permitted use of the Site and Site Material
You warrant to RateCity that you are a bona fide website user interested in comparing for yourself the goods and services available for ranking and comparison on the Site, and obtaining further information about those goods and services and their suppliers ("Supplier/s") through the Site Material.
In reliance on your acceptance of these terms and conditions, and in particular the warranty in the paragraph above, RateCity grants to you a non-exclusive, revocable, non-transferable licence to use its software on a server controlled by RateCity, for the sole purpose of accessing and obtaining Site Material from the Site.
Products and services referred to on the Site are generally available only to Australian residents. These products and services are generally not available to non-Australian residents because they may not comply with non-Australian laws. You should refer to the Supplier's website for further information.
You agree that you will not use the Site or any Site Material:
- for commercial purposes (including for competitive advantage or to the competitive disadvantage of RateCity or any Supplier);
- in any manner that is inconsistent with the purpose for which the Rate City Website is provided;
- in any manner which is in breach of any laws; or
- in any other way which is not expressly permitted by these T&Cs.
You agree that you will not and will not permit a third party to:
- use or access the Site or Site Material in a way that infringes the intellectual property rights or other rights of any person;
- use any method or process (including data scraping, collection or accumulation tool, robot, spider or scripted responses) for the purpose of obtaining, processing, copying, replicating, distributing, reconfiguring, republishing, viewing, assessing, analysing, modifying or repackaging the Site Material;
- use any method or process to consolidate or combine the Site Material with any other content, data, information, images or material;
- reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise attempt to construct or identify the Site's (or any part of the Site's) source code, formulas or processes;
- use, access or retain any Content in any manner or form whatsoever, unless expressly permitted by these Terms;
- use systematic, repetitive or any other methods which are designed to obtain a large number of quotes, comparisons, rankings or other pricing and related information from the Site;
- use, obtain or attempt to obtain from the Rate City Website, information in order to identify or discover underwriting, rating and related business methodology or systems;
- do anything which will or may damage, disrupt access to or interfere with the proper operation of the Site;
- do anything which will or may place an unreasonable load on the infrastructure of the Site;
- post, distribute or send any 'spamming material' or any other form of bulk communication via the Site or any website linked to the Site;
- impersonate any person or entity;
- publish or disseminate any material which is unlawful, defamatory, indecent, offensive or inappropriate;
- transmit any material which contains viruses or other computer codes designed to interrupt, limit or destroy the efficient operation of the Site, its software or hardware.
3. Site Material
RateCity does not warrant the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of Site Material. All information is subject to change without notice.
Although great care has been taken to ensure the reliability of any statements of opinion or general rating information provided, RateCity gives no warranties (except those that are implied by law and cannot be excluded) in relation to the statements and information contained in the ratings, reports and analyses displayed on its website, and disclaims all liability to the fullest extent possible arising from any persons acting on the information and statements contained therein. RateCity assumes no obligation or responsibility to provide updates on any published statement or report. RateCity's research is current as at the date of collection of the data by the data provider; some product features may have changed since then. Website users should confirm current product details with the relevant insurer, and make their own assessment of whether the product suits their individual needs before making a purchasing decision. A Product Disclosure Statement relating to the product should also be obtained from relevant product vendor and considered before any decision about whether to acquire the product.
This is an information service. By browsing on the website and/or using our search tools, you are asking RateCity to provide you with information about financial products from multiple financial institutions. We are not a credit provider, and we are not making any suggestion or recommendation to you about credit products for your use. RateCity provides general information only. Full product details, terms and conditions should be obtained from the relevant product provider. If you decide to apply for a credit product, such as a home loan, credit card or personal loan, you will deal directly with a financial institution, and not with RateCity. RateCity accepts no liability for any products or services or information provided by financial institutions.
You should refer to the Supplier's website for all relevant information, including complete information on that entity's financial adviser or dealer licensing status and licence number.
The Suppliers' products and services that are outlined on the Site are for your information only and do not constitution an offer capable of forming a binding contract with RateCity or the relevant Supplier. At all times you should seek further information directly from the Supplier before you decide to enter into a binding contract with them.
Results obtained from calculators on this website are estimates only and RateCity does not warrant that the results displayed are applicable to or achievable in your particular circumstances. The actual amounts may be different depending on your particular requirements and circumstances, and changes in legislation eg. tax rates. Data used in calculators is supplied by a third party data provider, and may contain errors or omissions. Data used in calculators is current as at the date of collection of the data by the data provider; some fees, interest rates and other features may have changed since then.
RateCity does not give any securities or investment advice, nor conducts any securities or investment advice business. RateCity does not deal in securities, whether on its own behalf, as a representative or agent of any other person, or otherwise. None of the information on the RateCity website constitutes "personal securities recommendation" for any purpose.
RateCity may receive fees or other benefits in relation to activity on the RateCity website. RateCity may receive remuneration for referrals to a "Go to Site" link, and/or as a consequence of a consumer acquiring a credit product after following a "Go to Site" link. For further details see RateCity's Financial Services & Credit Guide or How We Make Money.
The information on the on the RateCity website is provided as an information service only and should not be relied upon as a substitute for financial or other professional advice. None of the information on the RateCity website takes into account the investment objectives, financial circumstances or investment needs of any particular investor. Anyone viewing the RateCity website must therefore assess whether it is appropriate, in the light of their own individual circumstances, to act upon the relevant information. It may be advisable to obtain investment advice or other financial advice before making any investment or transactional decision based on the information provided on the RateCity website.
Third-party advertising and referral buttons containing hyperlinks (together called "Referral Links") may be paid for by the relevant third-party advertisers and are not recommendations or endorsements by RateCity or its respective directors, affiliates or employees.
The Site may contain links to other web sites operated by third parties ("Third Party Links").
( In these T&Cs, websites accessed by Referral Links and Third Party Links are called "Third Party Web Sites"). Subject to any applicable law which cannot be excluded, RateCity makes no warranties or representations:
- regarding the quality, accuracy, merchantability or fitness for purpose of information, products or services available through Third Party Web Sites; or
- that Third Party Material does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any person. RateCity is not authorising the reproduction of Third Party Material by linking Site Material to Third Party Material.
When you follow a link on the Site, content at a Third Party Web Site may be displayed in your browser framed by Site Material. This content is also Third Party Material for the purpose of these T&Cs.
All offers to sell and statements relating to goods and services available on Third Party Web Sites are the responsibility of and given by the Third Party Web Site operator. In so far as such offers and statements are made on the Site, such offers and statements are made by RateCity on behalf of the operator. RateCity expressly disclaims acting in any other respect on behalf of Third Party Web Site operators.
5. Intellectual Property
All the information, graphics and material (together called "Site Material") displayed on or available on the Site, and all the underlying source code and software, is owned or used under license by RateCity, and is protected by copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws. You agree not to do anything that would infringe RateCity's intellectual property rights in the Material.
"RateCity" is a trademark of RateCity Pty Limited. All other trademarks, registered trademarks, product names, logos and company names mentioned on this website are the property of their respective owners. Reference on the Site to any products, services or other information, by trade name, trademark or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation thereof by RateCity, and does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation of RateCity by the respective trademark owner. RateCity is not owned by, or affiliated with, any of the financial product providers referred to on this website.
6. Limitation of Liability
To the fullest extent permitted by law, RateCity makes no warranty to any person in relation to any services provided under these T&Cs except those warranties which cannot be specifically excluded.
RateCity will not be liable to you for any losses, damages, liabilities, claims and expenses (including but not limited to legal costs and defence or settlement costs) whatsoever arising out of or referable to Site Material or to Third Party Material, whether in contract, tort including negligence, statute or otherwise.
Liability of RateCity for a breach of a condition or warranty implied by law or otherwise, and which cannot be excluded, is limited to the extent possible, at RateCity's option, to:
- the supply of the goods or services again;
- the repair of the goods; or
- the payment of the cost of having the goods or services supplied again or repaired.
RateCity reserves any rights not expressly granted in these T&Cs.
This agreement will be governed by and construed according to the laws in force in the New South Wales, Australia. Each party unconditionally and irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of Courts with jurisdiction in New South Wales and all appellate Courts from such Courts, and the jurisdiction of the Federal Court of Australia sitting in New South Wales.
These T&Cs supersede all prior versions and constitute the entire agreement between you and RateCity. Any prior arrangements, agreements, representations or undertakings are superseded. No modification or alteration of any clause of this agreement will be valid except in writing signed by each party.
If any provision of this agreement is held invalid, unenforceable or illegal for any reason, this agreement shall remain otherwise in full force apart from such provision which shall be deemed deleted.
No right under this agreement shall be deemed to be waived except by notice in writing signed by each party.
8. Additional Terms and Conditions for Referral to Insurance Adviser
Version: 29th May 2013
You agree with us that:
- You acknowledge that the insurance advice service is provided through xLife Pty Ltd (FSG) a corporate authorised representative of Millennium3 Financial Services Pty Ltd. ABN 61 094 529 987 AFSL No.244252
- By clicking the “Get a Quote” button you consent to us providing your personal information and other details in the online form to xLife Pty Ltd for the purpose of providing an insurance consultation and subject to their Privacy and Security of Information Policies;
- XLife is not our employee, contractor or agent, and we will have no liability to you in relation your dealings with XLife including any advice or recommendations it may make;
- You will make all arrangements in relation to services you require from XLife and you will be responsible for all fees and charges (if any) payable to XLife or in relation to their services;
- We make no recommendation to you about the skills, expertise or suitability of XLife for your purposes;
- We may contact you to seek your response to a survey in relation to your dealings with XLife;
- “We” and “us” means RateCity Pty Limited ABN 12 122 743 542, AFSL 316710.
9. Additional Terms and Conditions for Referral to a Mortgage Broker
Version: 2nd August 2013
You agree with us that:
- You acknowledge that this service is provided through a third party service provider (“Service Provider”) whose details will be provided to you.
- By clicking the “Submit” button you consent to us providing your personal information and other details in the online form to the Service Provider for the purpose of providing the information you have requested;
- You also acknowledge that we may receive payment or commission from the Service Provider when we disclose your personal information.
- The Service Provider is not our employee, contractor or agent, and we will have no liability to you in relation your dealings with the Service Provider including any advice or recommendations it may make;
- You will make all arrangements in relation to services you require from the Service Provider and you will be responsible for all fees and charges (if any) payable to the Service Provider or in relation to their services;
- We make no recommendation to you about the skills, expertise or suitability of the Service Provider for your purposes;
- We may contact you to seek your response to a survey in relation to your dealings with The Service Provider;
- “We” and “us” means RateCity Pty Limited ABN 12 122 743 542 AFSL & ACL 316710.