From humble beginnings, BankSA now serves one in four South Australians, with the largest network of branches and ATMs in the state.
BankSA first opened in March 1848 with a single room office under the original name the Savings Bank of South Australia. Since then, it has had a colourful history, changing ownership and names several times, even collapsing in 1991. Now BankSA is part of the Westpac Banking Corporation.
BankSA has 3,800 staff, 800,000 customers and 38,000 shareholders.