Have you already got a car loan but want to switch to a better loan? You have stumbled on the right place then.
RateCity has compiled some great car loans from a range of lenders for you to compare side by side. Here you can search, compare and apply for your new loan without the hassle of having to shop around at various websites, make exhaustive phone calls or visit branches. You can also use our car loan calculator to find out how much you can borrow and how much you will need to pay.
Refinance and save
If you’re not happy with your current lender or loan, or you’re paying too much, then it’s a great idea to compare car loans and consider refinancing. By switching to a better car loan, you could potentially save hundreds of dollars.
Here are our top tips for those who are considering refinancing, to ensure you get a better car loan:
- Do you have a fixed rate? – Car loans with fixed interest rates often lock you into repayment plans, which may cost more to break from and exit the loan than what you’d save by switching. If your current car loan has a variable interest rate, you’re more likely to be able to switch and save.
- Look to low interest car loans for some of the cheapest deals – Switching to a loan with an interest rate just 1 percent lower may mean saving hundreds of dollars over the life of your car loan.
- Slash fees – Look for a car loan with low fees and charges, because these nasty charges can really add up over time.
- Look for better features – The lowest rate doesn’t always indicate the car loan that’s best suited to your finances. Check what features different car loans come with, and what benefits they can offer you and your finances.
- Accelerate repayments – Try to pay above your minimum monthly repayment to clear your loan as fast as possible. Just be aware that some loans won’t allow you to pay extra each month, while others will hit you with early exit fees if you pay out your loan earlier than expected.
- Calculate your costs – Whenever you’re considering any financial matters, including switching car loans, it’s worthwhile to add up all the costs involved, including fees and interest charges, and work out whether you can comfortably afford them in your current financial situation.
For even more information about comparing car loans, terms and conditions, fees, charges and tips on how to save money, you should head to our Car Loans Guide. The Guide provides information about the type of loan you will most benefit from based on your circumstances. It may also help you to understand the amount you can comfortably afford to borrow, and even has a handy checklist to tick off before you sign up for a better car loan.
So, before you switch to another lender, we recommend doing a little research so you can better understand which products will best suit you. Go to our low interest car loans page to compare more of today’s great deals.