Intrust Core Super - MySuperInformation shown is for the balanced option.
What the Researchers Say:
A 'best value for money' superannuation fund. Well balanced across all key assessment criteria in a robust, secure and proven risk framework. The fund provides features that should assist most individuals to meet their retirement savings goals.
You should contact your financial adviser or this fund before making an investment decision.
|Balance||This Fund||Industry Average||Difference|
Fees & Charges
|Administration Fee ($)||$78|
|Administration Fee (%)||0.15%|
|Account Size Discount||No|
|Employer Size Discount||No|
|Financial Planning Service|
|Non-lapsing Binding Nominations|
|Insurance Life Event Increases|
|Long Term Income Protection|
About this Fund
|Target Market||Hospitality and Tourism Industries|
|Offered to Public?||Yes|
Fund Highlights - provided by Intrust Core Super - MySuper
Fund Rating Snapshot
- Below Average
Rating Categories Clockwise from top
- Performance is based on the past 5 years for their core balanced option
- Investment Choices
- Points scored on additional benefits to members ie: Home loans, Credit Cards, Health Insurance, Reverse Mortgage, shopping discounts, anti detriment payments and many others
- Investment Processes
- Points scored on contribution collection, via cheque, cash, Eftpos, Bpay, direct debit and other features
- Small Account Fees
- Points scored on the fees and charges based on an account size of $5k
- Medium Account Fees
- Points scored on the fees and charges based on an account size of $50k
- Large Account Fees
- Points scored on the fees and charges based on an account size of $100k
- Death Insurance
- Points scored on premium costs and features for Death Insurance ie: Min/Max level of cover, cover available during unpaid, whilst overseas, max age and other features
- Death and TPD Insurance
- Points scored on premium costs features for Death and TPD Insurance ie: Min/Max level of cover, cover available during unpaid, whilst overseas, max age and other features
- Income Protection Insurance
- Points scored on premium costs features for Income Protection insurance ie: Min/Max level of cover, cover available during unpaid, whilst overseas, max% on monthly salary, waiting days available and other features
- Member Services
- Points scored on additional benefits offered to members ie Statement frequency and newsletter communications and other features
- Administration Services
- Points scored on the fund structure ie switching between investments, selecting regular contributions, nominated beneficiary changes, changing insurance options. For Service features like call centre, adviser services reports and many other features.
- Financial Advice
- Points scored on features in respect to financial advice facilities offered ie, by phone, internet, face to face, cost of scaled advice and others.
- Points scored on Trustee structure, number of independent directors , renumeration and proxy voting policy and risk
- Excellent: Score of 75%-100%
- Premium performer in this area. Well above benchmark.
- Good: Score of 51%-74%
- Better than most funds. Above benchmark
- Average: Score of 26%-50%
- Placed close to benchmark
- Below average: Score of below 25%
- Not quite up to speed. Lower than benchmark.
Investment Option Performance
|Asset Allocation Category||FYTD||FY 2015||FY 2014||FY 2013||FY 2012||FY 2011||Comparison|
- Outperformed average
- Underperformed average
- Negative returns
Annualised figures are the average per year returns of the rated option based on the cumulative returns for the past 5 years to 30/06/2015, past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance. Performance and fee data is based on the option which is rated by SuperRatings and stated on each product's landing page.
Benchmark investment information - how performance is measured
To ensure comparability for consumers, the RateCity superannuation comparison is based on the asset allocation of each of the MySuper/Pension products, irrespective of the name of the investment option. This methodology allows consumers to compare products on a like for like basis and removes any ambiguities associated with the name of the investment option. For example, an investment option may be classified as growth, however its asset allocation may in fact mean it should be classified as high growth. By using the asset allocation as the dominant identifier, we believe this provides the most robust framework for consumers to compare funds and recognise that this is a consistent approach to that of SuperRatings methodology.
Percentage of Growth Assets
What the researchers say
Intrust Super's Core Super is a simple, flexible and low-cost option that has been specifically designed to suit employees in the hospitality, tourism and retail industries. Intrust provides excellent value to their members securing the SuperRatings Platinum rating for 2016, with the MySuper offering being among the finalists for MySuper of the Year.
The fund is MySuper authorised, with the Balanced option being the default offering for members who do not select an investment option. For Choice members, the fund offers two additional diversified options and five asset-specific options. Intrust Super's Balanced option outperformed the SuperRatings Index in 2015, with long-term returns also positioned above the index.
Fees are competitive across all account balances assessed and offer the added benefit of unlimited investment switches at no additional cost.
Core Super's insurance offering is competitive with members automatically receiving Death and Total & Permanent Disablement (TPD) cover upon joining. The AAL's are set at a maximum of 4 units for members under the age of 40, while Income Protection (IP) provides 90% salary coverage plus 10% SG over two years. The maximum cover of $50,000 per month supports the strong relative positioning of the fund in their insurance assessment. Reduced waiting periods for Income protection is given as incentive for members with continuous cover and who have not made a claim for a minimum of two years. Waiting periods can be backdated up to a maximum of 21 days for members who have not claimed for more than 6 years.
|Name||Administration Fee ($)||Previous FY Performance||Calculated fees||Go to Site|
|REST Corporate - MySuper||
Administration Fee ($)
Previous FY Performance
|Go to Site|
|REST Super - MySuper||
Administration Fee ($)
Previous FY Performance
|Go to Site|