Perpetual MySuperInformation shown is for the balanced option.
What the Researchers Say:
A "reasonable value for money" superannuation fund that is performing well in a number of assessment areas but with average or below average features and/or performance in a number of other areas of our assessment.
You should contact your financial advisor or this fund before making an investment decision.
|Balance||This Fund||Industry Average||Difference|
Fees & Charges
|Administration Fee ($)||$60|
|Administration Fee (%)||0.00%|
|Account Size Discount||No|
|Employer Size Discount||No|
|Financial Planning Service|
|Non-lapsing Binding Nominations|
|Insurance Life Event Increases|
|Long Term Income Protection|
About this Fund
|Target Market||All Industries|
|Offered to Public?||Yes|
|Fund Type||Master Trust-MySuper|
Fund Highlights - provided by Perpetual MySuper
Fund Rating Snapshot
- Below Average
Rating Categories Clockwise from top
- Performance is based on the past 5 years for their core balanced option
- Investment Choices
- Points scored on additional benefits to members ie: Home loans, Credit Cards, Health Insurance, Reverse Mortgage, shopping discounts, anti detriment payments and many others
- Investment Processes
- Points scored on contribution collection, via cheque, cash, Eftpos, Bpay, direct debit and other features
- Small Account Fees
- Points scored on the fees and charges based on an account size of $5k
- Medium Account Fees
- Points scored on the fees and charges based on an account size of $50k
- Large Account Fees
- Points scored on the fees and charges based on an account size of $100k
- Death Insurance
- Points scored on premium costs and features for Death Insurance ie: Min/Max level of cover, cover available during unpaid, whilst overseas, max age and other features
- Death and TPD Insurance
- Points scored on premium costs features for Death and TPD Insurance ie: Min/Max level of cover, cover available during unpaid, whilst overseas, max age and other features
- Income Protection Insurance
- Points scored on premium costs features for Income Protection insurance ie: Min/Max level of cover, cover available during unpaid, whilst overseas, max% on monthly salary, waiting days available and other features
- Member Services
- Points scored on additional benefits offered to members ie Statement frequency and newsletter communications and other features
- Administration Services
- Points scored on the fund structure ie switching between investments, selecting regular contributions, nominated beneficiary changes, changing insurance options. For Service features like call centre, adviser services reports and many other features.
- Financial Advice
- Points scored on features in respect to financial advice facilities offered ie, by phone, internet, face to face, cost of scaled advice and others.
- Points scored on Trustee structure, number of independent directors , renumeration and proxy voting policy and risk
- Excellent: Score of 75%-100%
- Premium performer in this area. Well above benchmark.
- Good: Score of 51%-74%
- Better than most funds. Above benchmark
- Average: Score of 26%-50%
- Placed close to benchmark
- Below average: Score of below 25%
- Not quite up to speed. Lower than benchmark.
Investment Option Performance
|Asset Allocation Category||FYTD||FY 2015||FY 2014||FY 2013||FY 2012||FY 2011||Comparison|
- Outperformed average
- Underperformed average
- Negative returns
Annualised figures are the average per year returns of the rated option based on the cumulative returns for the past 5 years to 30/06/2015, past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance. Performance and fee data is based on the option which is rated by SuperRatings and stated on each product's landing page.
Benchmark investment information - how performance is measured
To ensure comparability for consumers, the RateCity superannuation comparison is based on the asset allocation of each of the MySuper/Pension products, irrespective of the name of the investment option. This methodology allows consumers to compare products on a like for like basis and removes any ambiguities associated with the name of the investment option. For example, an investment option may be classified as growth, however its asset allocation may in fact mean it should be classified as high growth. By using the asset allocation as the dominant identifier, we believe this provides the most robust framework for consumers to compare funds and recognise that this is a consistent approach to that of SuperRatings methodology.
Percentage of Growth Assets
What the researchers say
Established in 1989, Perpetual Select Super is designed for both employer and personal members. Perpetual MySuper was launched in January 2014 as a simple superannuation product for the fund's default members.
Perpetual MySuper uses a single diversified investment strategy, the Balanced Growth option, which aims to provide members with long-term capital growth and income through an actively managed diversified portfolio. Perpetual MySuper Balanced Growth option under-performed the SuperRatings Index in 2015. Long-term returns are not currently available. Choice members have access to 13 Diversified and Single-Sector investment options.
Fees for this product are rated as good on small account balances, and average on assessed medium and large accounts. No switching fees are charged, although changing investment options may incur transactional costs. An exit fee applies for partial and full withdrawals.
Perpetual MySuper provides eligible members with default Death & TPD cover, which is age based with the level of cover reducing to nil at age 70. Access to Death only and Income Protection (IP) cover is also available. Members can apply for an unlimited amount of Death cover and up to $5 million of Death & TPD cover. IP is offered with 2 year, 5 year and to age 65 benefit periods and a choice of 30, 60 or 90 day waiting periods.
With improved navigation and mobile responsiveness, Perpetual's new look website contains a range of publications, including investment market updates, product news, topical research and other educational information. Employers can make contributions using online portal via SuperChoice.
|Name||Administration Fee ($)||Previous FY Performance||Calculated fees||Go to Site|
|REST Corporate - MySuper||
Administration Fee ($)
Previous FY Performance
|Go to Site|
|REST Super - MySuper||
Administration Fee ($)
Previous FY Performance
|Go to Site|