Prime Super MySuperInformation shown is for the balanced option.
What the Researchers Say:
An OTHER rated fund usually has average or below average features and/or performance across a number of assessment areas. These funds frequently have many competitors that offer superior performance and structures in a more efficient environment.
You should contact your financial adviser and/or this fund directly before making an investment decision.
|Balance||This Fund||Industry Average||Difference|
Fees & Charges
|Administration Fee ($)||$86|
|Administration Fee (%)||0.59%|
|Account Size Discount||Yes|
|Employer Size Discount||No|
|Financial Planning Service|
|Non-lapsing Binding Nominations|
|Insurance Life Event Increases|
|Long Term Income Protection|
About this Fund
|Target Market||Primary Industries (Farming,Timber,Horticulture & Mining)|
|Offered to Public?||Yes|
Fund Highlights - provided by Prime Super MySuper
Fund Rating Snapshot
- Below Average
Rating Categories Clockwise from top
- Performance is based on the past 5 years for their core balanced option
- Investment Choices
- Points scored on additional benefits to members ie: Home loans, Credit Cards, Health Insurance, Reverse Mortgage, shopping discounts, anti detriment payments and many others
- Investment Processes
- Points scored on contribution collection, via cheque, cash, Eftpos, Bpay, direct debit and other features
- Small Account Fees
- Points scored on the fees and charges based on an account size of $5k
- Medium Account Fees
- Points scored on the fees and charges based on an account size of $50k
- Large Account Fees
- Points scored on the fees and charges based on an account size of $100k
- Death Insurance
- Points scored on premium costs and features for Death Insurance ie: Min/Max level of cover, cover available during unpaid, whilst overseas, max age and other features
- Death and TPD Insurance
- Points scored on premium costs features for Death and TPD Insurance ie: Min/Max level of cover, cover available during unpaid, whilst overseas, max age and other features
- Income Protection Insurance
- Points scored on premium costs features for Income Protection insurance ie: Min/Max level of cover, cover available during unpaid, whilst overseas, max% on monthly salary, waiting days available and other features
- Member Services
- Points scored on additional benefits offered to members ie Statement frequency and newsletter communications and other features
- Administration Services
- Points scored on the fund structure ie switching between investments, selecting regular contributions, nominated beneficiary changes, changing insurance options. For Service features like call centre, adviser services reports and many other features.
- Financial Advice
- Points scored on features in respect to financial advice facilities offered ie, by phone, internet, face to face, cost of scaled advice and others.
- Points scored on Trustee structure, number of independent directors , renumeration and proxy voting policy and risk
- Excellent: Score of 75%-100%
- Premium performer in this area. Well above benchmark.
- Good: Score of 51%-74%
- Better than most funds. Above benchmark
- Average: Score of 26%-50%
- Placed close to benchmark
- Below average: Score of below 25%
- Not quite up to speed. Lower than benchmark.
Investment Option Performance
|Asset Allocation Category||FYTD||FY 2015||FY 2014||FY 2013||FY 2012||FY 2011||Comparison|
- Outperformed average
- Underperformed average
- Negative returns
Annualised figures are the average per year returns of the rated option based on the cumulative returns for the past 5 years to 30/06/2015, past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance. Performance and fee data is based on the option which is rated by SuperRatings and stated on each product's landing page.
Benchmark investment information - how performance is measured
To ensure comparability for consumers, the RateCity superannuation comparison is based on the asset allocation of each of the MySuper/Pension products, irrespective of the name of the investment option. This methodology allows consumers to compare products on a like for like basis and removes any ambiguities associated with the name of the investment option. For example, an investment option may be classified as growth, however its asset allocation may in fact mean it should be classified as high growth. By using the asset allocation as the dominant identifier, we believe this provides the most robust framework for consumers to compare funds and recognise that this is a consistent approach to that of SuperRatings methodology.
Percentage of Growth Assets
What the researchers say
Established in 1996, Prime Super is a not-for-profit industry super fund dedicated to servicing the retirement needs of rural and regional Australia. In May 2014, Health Industry Plan (HIP), which was a national industry fund catering to those working in health and associated industries, became a division of Prime Super.
Prime Super's MySuper option uses its existing diversified Balanced investment option, which is actively managed and outperformed the SuperRatings Index over the five years to 30 June 2015. Choice members can also access eight additional diversified and single-sector investment options.
Fees associated with this product are higher than the industry average across all account balances assessed. The percentage based administration fee is capped for balances in excess of $100,000. No fees apply for withdrawals or investment switches, and commissions are not paid to financial advisers. Members can access financial planning service on a fee-for-service basis.
MySuper members are entitled to four units of Death & TPD cover upon joining the fund through their employer. The Default cover is unitised and based on a member's age, which can be cancelled within 60 days of joining the fund. Additional Income Protection (IP) cover is also available, covering up to $20,000 per month, or 85% of salary (including superannuation contributions). IP is offered with a 2 year benefit period and a choice of three waiting periods (30, 60 or 90 days).
Prime Super's refreshed website is easy to use featuring useful tools for members and employers, as well as a range of educational information relating to retirement. Members can access Trauma insurance and financial planning services through the fund. Prime Super has ongoing support for Lifeline and is the sponsor of Awards Australia and Australian Rural Leadership Foundation (ARLF).
|Name||Administration Fee ($)||Previous FY Performance||Calculated fees||Go to Site|
|REST Corporate - MySuper||
Administration Fee ($)
Previous FY Performance
|Go to Site|
|REST Super - MySuper||
Administration Fee ($)
Previous FY Performance
|Go to Site|