Collection Statement, feedback form
Last updated: 8 November 2019
Uses of your personal information
The primary purpose for which we collect your personal information is to provide you with the services you request, including comparing products, providing you with information about products, or fulfilling your request to have another service provider such as a broker contact you.
Usually, we collect your personal information directly from you, for example where you complete an online form or other tool on our website. We may also collect your personal information from third parties such as:
- anyone who refers you to us,
- a credit reporting body, where we verify your identity,
- a credit reporting body, where you authorise us to obtain your credit score; and
- your computer when you interact with various parts of our website (we collect your IP address).
We may also collect your personal information for other purposes including to:
- respond to your requests;
- provide information, products and services to you;
- review your dealings with us, including the products and services you use, your potential needs, and new products that might be of interest to you or other customers;
- personalise your online experience and collect statistical information about the use of our website;
- occasionally send marketing and promotional material about our products and/or services (or the products and/or services of our related companies) that we believe you may be interested in;
- conduct competitions or promotions including for selected third parties;
- for purposes otherwise required/permitted by law (including the Privacy Act); and
If you do not provide us with the personal information we ask for or the information provided is incorrect or incomplete, we may not be able to provide you with our services or our services may not be accurate (for example, information we give you about loans may not be accurate if you do not give us accurate information).
Disclosures of your personal information to third parties
We may disclose your personal information to the following organisations for the purposes described above (as well as otherwise permitted or required under Australian law):
- credit providers (such as by pre-populating the lender’s application form with the information you give us);
- other organisations, service providers or business partners who we refer you to;
- organisations who help us verify your identity;
- our related companies;
- our agents and other third-party service providers who carry out functions on our behalf (including, but not limited to, marketing and data storage providers and IT service providers,);
- organisations wishing to acquire an interest in any part of our business for assessing or implementing any such acquisition;
- product and services providers for operational purposes;
- third party clients/partners of ours or other organisations whom you have expressly opted-in to allowing us to disclose your personal information to; and
Disclosures of your personal information to overseas recipients
We may disclose your personal information to organisations based overseas, such as our service providers including cloud storage providers. It is not practicable to list every country in which such recipients are located but such countries may include the USA and countries located in the European Economic Area. We have taken reasonable steps to ensure that any overseas recipient of your personal information complies with the Australian Privacy Principles.
By accepting this Collection Statement, you consent to us disclosing your personal information to overseas recipients.
- how you may access or correct any of your personal information collected by RateCity; and
- how you may lodge a complaint with us for a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles and how RateCity will action such complaint.
If you have any queries, concerns or other questions regarding RateCity’s collection of your personal information, please contact RateCity’s Privacy Officer us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 1300 001 153.