Home loans sale
Latest home loans news
Record number of Aussies refinance as new home lending plummets
Today’s figures from the ABS show new home lending plunged $2.15 billion in May, the biggest monthly drop ever recorded.
How much could you pay for extending your mortgage freeze?
Australians experiencing financial hardship may welcome the news that the big banks are offering to extend mortgage holidays. But while this could provide welcome relief in the short term, what could freezing your mortgage for longer end up costing you in the longer term?
Got great credit? Get a great rate!
Want a better deal on your home loan? You have less than a week left to check your credit for free and find out if you’re eligible for an exclusive interest rate discount from Reduce Home Loans that could potentially save you thousands.
If the average home owner with an excellent credit score switches from a discounted variable rate with one of the big banks to Reduce Home Loans' special discounted rate of 3.39 per cent (comparison rate 3.39% p.a.1), they could save up to $224 a month and up to $2685 a year.2
These offers have been extended until 11:59 PM on 14 November 2018 - get your credit score and request a call back from Reduce Home Loans to reserve your deal.
What is my credit score?
Your credit score is a number from 0 to 1200 that reflects your history of borrowing and repaying money. If you usually pay your loans and credit cards on time, you’re more likely to have a good credit score, but if you’ve defaulted on loan payments in the past, you could have a bad credit score.
- EXCELLENT: 833-1200
- VERY GOOD: 726-832
- GOOD: 622-725
- AVERAGE: 510-621
- BELOW AVERAGE: 0-509
How can I improve my credit score?
Lenders are now starting to report all the good things you do with your money to credit agencies, where previously they only reported the bad things. This means you can work to boost your credit score and potentially qualify for future deals.
To help stay on top of your finances and improve your credit score:
- Consider setting up direct debits to help ensure bills are paid on time
- Be careful about constantly switching credit card providers
- Notify your credit providers of your new address when you move
- Research thoroughly before applying for credit and only apply when you really need it
- Protect your identity from fraud
- Get your free credit score at RateCity
1.WARNING: The comparison rates are based on credit of $150,000 and a term of 25 years. This comparison rate is true only for the examples given and may not include all fees and charges. Different terms, fees or other loan amounts might result in a different comparison rate. Upfront fees of $1060 apply. Further 0.05% discount may be available in 5 years, subject to good payment conduct.
2. The above calculations are based on an owner occupier paying principal and interest with a current home loan balance of $350,000 and a loan to value ratio of 80 per cent or less. Calculations do not incorporate fees. The original rate is the banks’ discounted variable rate as recorded by the RBA. The new rate is the lowest discounted rate offered by Reduce Home Loans in the event. Offer not available to existing Reduce Home Loans customers.
Reserving your discount in the sale is not confirmation you will be approved for the loan. Applications will be assessed against the lenders borrowing and serviceability criteria.