Our Money Market Car Loans
OurMoneyMarket works differently from a traditional bank. It is a marketplace lending service which connects borrowers looking for car loans to retail and wholesale investors who want to receive interest from their funds.
OurMoneyMarket is an online-only operation, which means it doesn’t have branches. You can apply for loans online, however you can also call its customer service line if you need help.
Our Money Market car loan repayment calculator
Total interest paid
Total amount to pay
- Fixed rate interest
- No ongoing account-keeping fees
- No early repayment or exit fees
- No secured loans available
- No variable-rate loans
- No branches
- Establishment fee charged
Features of an OurMoneyMarket car loan
OurMoneyMarket offers borrowers access to fixed-rate unsecured car loans to purchase new or used vehicles.
OurMoneyMarket car loans are available for loan terms of three, five and seven years, and borrowers can apply to take out a loan between $5,000 and $35,000. You can choose between weekly, fortnightly or monthly repayments.
Different people may get different interest rates at OurMoneyMarket. This is because it assesses borrowers on their credit history, employment status, cash flow and loan amount.
OurMoneyMarket car loans don’t charge ongoing fees or early payout fees, however borrowers will need to pay an establishment fee.
OurMoneyMarket car loans – customer service
OurMoneyMarket doesn’t have any branches, so everything is done online. You can contact them via email or over the phone:
- Phone, Monday to Friday, 8:00am – 9:00pm (CST) and on weekends, 9:00am – 5:00pm (CST)
Who is eligible for an OurMoneyMarket car loan?
To be eligible for an OurMoneyMarket car loan you’ll need to meet the following criteria:
- Be 18 years or older
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Have a minimum annual income of at least $25,000 before tax
- Have an acceptable credit record
- Not in financial hardship with another lender
- Have no undischarged bankruptcy listings on your credit file
How to apply for an OurMoneyMarket car loan?
Borrowers can apply online for an OurMoneyMarket car loan through their website. The application process involves the following steps:
- Click ‘Apply now’ to get your interest rate estimate in five minutes – this will not affect your credit score.
- If you want to proceed with the quoted interest rate, finalise and submit your car loan application.
- If you qualify, you may receive your conditional approval in a minute. This will depend on whether OurMoneyMarket can verify your details provided in the application.
- Your loan will then be listed on the OurMoneyMarket marketplace. Investors may choose to fund your loan and it may take up to 14 days to get a response from investors.
- If an investor chooses to fund your loan, you may get your funds within 24 business hours, or up to three working days.
OurMoneyMarket car loans review
OurMoneyMarket could be a potential option for those not wanting to, or not able to, take out a loan with a traditional bank.
All OurMoneyMarket car loans are unsecured, which means borrowers don’t need to provide security.
Not everyone will get the same interest rate at OurMoneyMarket. Creditworthy borrowers may get lower interest rates, while those with poorer credit records may get a higher rate. However, a borrower who might not be able to get a loan at a big bank may be approved at OurMoneyMarket. This depends on whether the investor is comfortable with the level of risk a borrower might present.
Depending on your credit history, this personal loan may not offer the most competitive interest rates.
OurMoneyMarket car loans don’t come with any ongoing account-keeping fees or early repayment fees. Borrowers pay a one-off establishment fee, which is added to the loan amount.
Depending on the car loan you pick, the total cost of vehicle car purchase could vary greatly, so it’s wise to shop around. Always do your research before applying for any personal loan.
Today's top car loans products
Find popular car loans lenders from a wide range of Australian. View All >