Auswide Bank (formerly Wide Bay Australia) was created in 1966 as Queensland-based building society, later becoming a bank. It was started with the aim of challenging the big four banks by providing low-deposit home loans.
In recent years Auswide Bank has gone on to offer an extensive range of personal finance and banking products to help everyday Australians achieve their goals and build their wealth.
As the name would suggest, Auswide Bank is widely accessible with branches and ATMs across the country. Before its relaunch, Auswide Bank was named by the People’s Choice Awards as “Best Building Society” in 2014.
Auswide home loan calculator
Interested in an Auswide home loan? RateCity has a suite of calculators that can show you what your repayments would be and how Auswide compares to its competitors. Simply plug in your borrowing amount below.
Auswide Bank home loans rates
Go To Site
Fixed - 3 years
- Can accommodate people with smaller deposits.
- Opportunity to bundle financial products together.
- Offers discounts on the interest rate.
- Flexible repayment schedule with weekly, fortnightly and monthly repayment options.
- Limited home loan products to choose from.
- Some products have moderate to high fees.
Auswide Bank has a nationwide lending presence supported through branches, a network of lending consultants and the company website. If Auswide Bank home loan customers can’t go into a branch they can get in touch via telephone, or use internet-based services such as email, online banking and the mobile app. Customers can also contact Auswide Bank staff online via the website’s live chat facility.
- Customer service centre (phone)
- Mobile app
- Online banking
- Live Chat
- Mobile banking staff
How to Apply
There are two ways to apply for an Auswide Bank home loan: in person by visiting an Auswide Bank branch or via the company’s website. Before submitting a loan application borrowers should fully consider their budget. They can use helpful tools such as a repayment calculator to receive an indication of how much a home loan is likely to cost. To support all home loan applications Auswide Bank requires a range of documentation that includes:
- Proof of identification.
- Occupation and/or employer details.
- Gross monthly income from all sources.
- Asset details (a list of what you own, such as property, motor vehicles, shares, furniture, superannuation, and their values).
- Existing loans (home loans, personal loans, leasing contracts, hire purchase).
- Credit card limits and current balances.
- Savings account details.
- Details of the property you are offering as security for the loan.
Today's top home loan Products
Popular home loans searches
- LOW DOC Home Loans
- Low Interest Mortgage
- Best Mortgage
- Fixed Rate Mortgage
- Variable Rate Mortgage
- Home Loan Ratings
- First Mortgage
- Home Loans Comparison
- Low Interest Home Loans
- Mortgage Rates
- 1 year Fixed
- 3 year Fixed
- Investment Property
- SMSF Loans
- 1 Year Fixed Investment Property
- 3 Year Fixed Investment Property
- Home Equity
- Stamp Duty Calculator
- Best Home Loan Rates
- No Doc Home Loans
- No Deposit Home Loans
- Refinancing Home Loans
- Cheapest Home Loans
- View more searches