BCU began over 40 years ago as an alternative to traditional banks. Based on the NSW north coast, BCU’s network spans from Port Macquarie to the Sunshine Coast. Although BCU operates regionally, remote members can join the bank online.
BCU is a regional credit union, which means it does not have external shareholders. The profits BCU receives are reinvested into the business.
Bananacoast Community Credit Union personal loan repayment calculator
I want to borrow
bcu Personal Loans rates
Features of a BCU personal loan
BCU offers a range of personal loan products. Customers can choose between secured and unsecured loans and loan amounts of up to $75,000. BCU personal loans have a maximum term of five years. BCU offers loans for use on car payments, overseas holidays and more.
BCU personal loan interest rates vary depending on the loan you choose. BCU’s rates range from moderately low to moderately high. BCU personal loan interest rates are variable and do not offer fixed rates.
In general, BCU personal loans charge an application fee, a monthly account-keeping fee and a redraw fee.
BCU personal loans - customer service
As a regional credit union, BCU does not have the same 24/7 customer service you may find with larger banks in Australia.
Customers can contact BCU by email and over the phone from Australia and overseas. Customers can also visit a BCU store.
Who is eligible for a BCU personal loan?
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be a permanent Australian resident or citizen
- Must be a member of BCU
- Must not be bankrupt
How to apply for a BCU personal loan?
- Open the BCU online application by clicking ‘Apply Now’
- Complete the online loan application
- Submit verification documentation
- Call BCU during business hours with questions
BCU personal loans review
BCU is a regional credit union, which means it doesn’t have profit-hungry shareholders and therefore doesn’t feel compelled to charge high rates and fees.
If you’re looking for the best personal loan rates, BCU may be suitable depending on the product you choose. BCU personal loan interest rates range from moderately low to moderately high. When you compare personal loan rates, BCU tends to be in the middle of the market.
Because it is a smaller personal loan lender, BCU has a thinner range of personal loans. All BCU personal loans have variable interest rates, but customers can choose between secured and unsecured loans.
All BCU personal loans offer redraw facilities as well as fast approval during business hours. Many BCU loans allow additional repayments and do not have additional fees for paying the loan out early.
Popular personal loans searchesView All
- payments travel loan transport mutual credit union personal loans
- payments all purpose loan unicredit wa personal loans
- payments travel loan unicredit wa personal loans
- payments redicredit student unsec unicredit wa personal loans
- payments student apprentice loan macquarie credit union personal loans
- payments unsecured personal loans marketplace now finance personal loans
- payments personal loan marketplace moneyme personal loans
- payments unsecured personal loan marketplace harmoney personal loans
- payments secured pl vehicle 2 up to 7 yrs mystate personal loans
- payments secured pl new vehicle up to 2yrs mystate personal loans
- View more searches
Borrowers who take out bad credit personal loans don’t just pay higher interest rates than on regular personal loans – they also get loaned less money. Each lender has its own policies, but you’ll find it hard to get approved for a bad credit personal loan above $50,000.