|Balance Transfers Offers||N/A|
Receive 20,000 Membership Reward Points or 15,000 Qantas Points when you apply and spend outside of David Jones three times within the first month of becoming a Card member.
(until further notice)
Rates & Fees
|Ongoing Purchase Interest Rate||20.74% p.a|
|Maximum free days||Up to 44|
|Late Payment Fee||$30|
|Over Limit Fee||$15|
|Currency Conversion Fee||3%|
|Overseas ATM Charges||N/A|
|Estimated ATM Cost for AU$300 withdrawal||$9.00|
Frequent Flyer Rewards
|Points per $1 spent||0.75|
|Annual Flights Earned||2.8 SYD-MEL return flights ($99 in annual fees)|
|Points per $1 spent||1|
|Rewards Available||Frequent Flyer, Shopping, Cashback & more|
|Value of Rewards||$323.18 after $99 annual fees|
|Additional Fee for Reward Card||$0|
|$ Minimum Repayment||$30|
|% Minimum Repayment||2.5%|
|Minimum Credit Limit||$2,000|
|Maximum Credit Limit||$30,000|
About American Express - David Jones Card
The David Jones American Express rewards the big spender, with either credit card or frequent flyer reward points available to those who like to swipe.
This big spending cuts both ways, however. Anyone with the David Jones Amex should not only be prepared to spend large in stores, but to pay relatively higher costs on the credit card too. With its steeper interest rate and higher fees and charges, this card is not for the faint of bank account.
Credit card reward points for the shopping enthusiast
Those who want to feel like a VIP may find the David Jones Amex a good fit. There are numerous credit card reward points for shopping and in-store benefits that the discerning customer can turn to her or his advantage. These include:
- A welcome bonus of 20,000 membership points or 15,000 Qantas points when you spend outside of David Jones three times within your first month of membership - though only if you apply through the David Jones or American Express websites
- The choice of rewards programs - either membership points or Qantas frequent flyer reward points
- No annual card fee charged for all supplementary card holders in their first year
The credit card reward points you earn break down as follows:
- 3 reward points for every dollar you spend at major supermarkets and petrol stations
- 2 reward points for each dollar you spend at David Jones
- 1 reward point for every dollar spent elsewhere
One credit card reward point can either be converted into one membership reward point, or 0.75 Qantas frequent flyer reward points. Some of the participating retailers with whom you can earn three points per dollar include major brands like Flemings, Woolworths, Safeway, Coles, BP Shell, Mobil and Gull.
These points can be converted into a wide range of free rewards. You can use them to shop online at David Jones, redeem them for gift cards at a variety of retailers, buy concert or movie tickets, receive airline rewards from eight different companies or turn your points into credit. You have the flexibility to decide how you want to make use of what you've earned.
Meanwhile, your Qantas frequent flyer reward points can be redeemed for reward flights with more than 30 partner airlines and affiliates. You can also request flight upgrade awards on Qantas flights and receive goods and gift cards from the online Qantas store.
In-store and exclusive card holder benefits
Card holders needn't only rely on the credit card reward points to give themselves the rock star treatment. David Jones Amex users are also eligible for a number of exclusive benefits at David Jones stores:
- Complimentary gift-wrapping
- Complimentary standard delivery
- Fashion Pay Later option, letting you defer payment for 3 months on purchases over $250 on certain items
- Deferred payment for in-store purchases made between November 1 and December 24, until February the following year
- Four years interest free with no deposit when you make in-store purchases of $500 or more on certain items
- Invites to special fashion and shopping events
You will also receive the standard access to an online account, purchase protection of 90 days, as well 24-hour-a-day account assistance.
Fees and charges
In return for these benefits, David Jones credit card holders will have to be prepared to pay a little more on their card than they may be accustomed to. Some of the costs of the David Jones Amex include:
- $99 annual membership fee
- $29 annual supplementary card fee
- 20.74 percent interest rate on purchases
- $30 late payment fee and a $15 over limit fee
- Currency conversion charge of 3 percent
- $10 charge for a copy of a statement
If the prospect of credit card reward points and in-store benefits outweighs the fees involved, then you can apply for the David Jones Amex online. Be sure to do so through the American Express or David Jones websites in order to qualify for the welcome bonus.
More about American Express
American Express offers a wide range of competitive credit card options for everyday personal and business spending. All their credit cards include perks and reward benefits for users. More merchants than ever before are choosing to accept American Express in Australia, allowing users to build up reward points fast. For travellers, a frequent flyer card means they can earn Qantas or Velocity Points on every day purchases and other benefits, such as travel insurance. Big spenders can treat themselves with a Platinum Card, allowing for accelerated rates on reward point categories. No matter what type of spender you are, American Express has a card just for you.
Compare and discover the lowest fees on credit cards.