administrator

administrator

Jun 30, 2010( 1 min read )

article header

LVR stands for loan-to-value ratio, which is the ratio set by lenders for each home loan that represents how much of the total purchase price you can actually borrow and is expressed as a percentage. For example, if the home you wish to purchase is valued at $400,000 and the home loan has a LVR of 80 percent then you will be able to apply for a loan for $320,000 and you will need a deposit for the remaining 20 percent or $80,000.

The higher the LVR the less deposit you will require and the more you can essentially borrow, and the lower the LVR the more deposit you will need and the less you can borrow.

To find a home loan to suit you, check out our home loans page and start comparing today. The table table lists all home loans currently advertised with an LVR of 90 percent and an AAPR less than 7 percent.

Advertisement

^Words such as "top", "best", "cheapest" or "lowest" are not a recommendation or rating of products. This page compares a range of products from selected providers and not all products or providers are included in the comparison. There is no such thing as a 'one- size-fits-all' financial product. The best loan, credit card, superannuation account or bank account for you might not be the best choice for someone else. Before selecting any financial product you should read the fine print carefully, including the product disclosure statement, fact sheet or terms and conditions document and obtain professional financial advice on whether a product is right for you and your finances.

Compare your product with the big 4 banks, or add more products to compare
As seen on