IMB Bank was established in 1880 as the Illawarra Mutual Building Society. It offers secured and unsecured personal loans for a variety of different purposes, as well as home loans, credit cards, and other banking and insurance services.
IMB has branches in Illawarra, Sydney, NSW South Coast, the ACT and Melbourne. IMB customers can also receive service via mobile home loan specialists, a network of ATMs, and free phone and internet banking.
IMB Bank personal loan repayment calculator
I want to borrow
IMB Bank Personal Loans rates
Go To Site
monthly over 5 years
Fully drawn advance
monthly over 5 years
Fully drawn advance
Features of an IMB Bank personal loan
IMB Bank offers both secured and unsecured personal loans that can be used to pay for holidays, weddings, renovations, car purchases, debt consolidations, or other unexpected expenses. These loans have fixed interest rates, can run from 1 to 5 years, and be used to borrow between $2000 and $60,000.
IMB Bank personal loans allow borrowers to make unlimited extra repayments when possible, which can help to limit interest charges and even exit the loan early. While IMB Bank personal loans charge no ongoing fees, applicants will need to pay an application fee.
IMB Bank personal loans customer service
Customers can get in touch with IMB Bank about personal loans by visiting a branch, or contact the bank’s team through phone, email or internet banking, including online chat on the website and a mobile banking app. Mobile lenders are also available to visit home loan customers.
Who is eligible for an IMB Bank personal loan?
To be eligible for an IMB Bank personal loan, you must be over 18 years of age, have a good credit history and a monthly income. Secured personal loans must be secured with either a new or used vehicle (up to 6 years of age)
- An individual, not a company
- An Australian citizen or permanent resident
- You must be at least 18 years of age
- Not currently bankrupt or insolvent
How to apply for an IMB Bank personal loan
- Provide loan details (e.g. loan purpose, secured or unsecured, how much you want to borrow)
- Provide financial details (employment history, income information, details of security etc.)
- Calculate loan repayments to confirm you can afford the repayments
- Provide personal information (contact details, identification etc.)
- Provide any additional information required
IMB Bank personal loan review
As a mutual bank, IMB Bank is owned by its customers, which helps it to offer affordable financial products suited specifically for its customers.
IMB Bank’s personal loans can be utilised for a variety of purposes, from paying for a wedding or holiday, to buying a car, to consolidating existing debt. While these straightforward personal loans can prove useful to borrowers with regular income and good credit, borrowers with credit problems or less stable incomes may not be eligible.
Interest rates on IMB Bank personal loans range from moderately low for secured loans, to moderate for unsecured loans. While borrowers won’t have to pay ongoing fees, and may be able to make extra repayments to help limit their interest charges, IMB Bank does charge an application fee for its personal loans.
Today's top personal loans Products
Popular personal loans searches
- payments personal loan secured imb personal loans
- payments personal loan unsecured imb personal loans
- payments online personal loan package catalyst money personal loans
- payments personal loan secured the capricornian personal loans
- payments unsecured personal loan macquarie credit union personal loans
- payments guarantor loan clearloans personal loans
- payments macc cash converters personal loans
- payments green personal loan bank first personal loans
- payments share loan bank first personal loans
- payments guarantor loan marketplace clearloans personal loans
- View more searches
It may be much more difficult for a self-employed borrower to successfully apply for a personal loan if they also have bad credit. Many lenders already consider self-employed borrowers to be riskier than those in full time employment, so several self-employed personal loans require borrowers to have excellent credit.
If you’re a self-employed borrower with a bad credit history, there may still be personal loan options available to you, such as securing your personal loan against a vehicle of equity in a property, though your interest rates may be higher than those of other borrowers. Consider contacting a lender before applying to discuss your options.