One of the six largest banks in Australia, Adelaide Bank was established in 1994. Originating from Australia’s largest building society, the Co-operative Building Society of South Australia, Adelaide Bank’s legacy goes back more than 100 years.
Adelaide Bank is among Australia’s leading lenders and manages assets of over $17 billion from its headquarters in South Australia. Adelaide Bank customers have access to over 2000 ATMs across Australia.
Adelaide Bank is well known for its user-friendly products and offers a wide range including insurances, bank accounts, credit cards and home loans. It’s believed to generate more than three per cent of Australian mortgage loan approvals annually.
Since a merger with Bendigo Bank in 2007, Adelaide Bank has operated as a dedicated lending business specialising in providing mortgage and loan services to everyday banking customers.
Adelaide Bank Home Loan Calculator
Adelaide Bank home loans rates
Go To Site
Fixed - 3 years
- 100 per cent offset is available on most home loans (not including the SmartSaver loan).
- All loans offer a choice between principal and interest or interest only repayments.
- Can accommodate people with smaller deposits.
- Extra repayments are allowed on all home loans, with some capping additional repayments at $20,000.
- Ongoing monthly fees apply to most home loans (not including the SmartSaver loan).
- Not all accounts offer equity release.
- No package deals are offered.
Adelaide Bank home loan customers can get in touch with their mortgage provider in a variety of different ways. Depending on the needs of the customer it’s possible to speak to the bank directly either face-to-face in branch or by calling the customer service centre. Customers with access to the internet can obtain a full overview of their Adelaide Bank accounts online or via their mobile app. It’s also possible to get in touch via email. If a home loan customer’s personal circumstances change and they need to seek assistance restructuring their repayments, Adelaide Bank offers a financial hardship hotline.
- Customer service centre (phone)
- Mobile app
- Online banking
How to Apply
To begin the process of arranging a home loan, borrowers will need to apply online or in branch to arrange a face-to-face interview with a mortgage broker. Adelaide Bank has a network of over 5000 approved mortgage brokers across Australia who will facilitate the entire process for customers. Before meeting a broker it’s recommended that those seeking a mortgage look at the range of home loans available and consider how much they can afford to borrow, and over what time period. Even when applying for the paperwork-light SmartDoc and SmartDoc Plus loans it’s likely that some documents will be required upon application. These may include:
- Personal identification.
- Details of current assets, including estimated values.
- Details of current debts, including credit limits.
- Gross income.
- Estimated value of any property offered as security.
- Details of deposit and equity.
- Previous mortgage statements (for refinancers).
Today's top home loan Products
Popular home loans searches
- LOW DOC Home Loans
- Low Interest Mortgage
- Best Mortgage
- Fixed Rate Mortgage
- Variable Rate Mortgage
- Home Loan Ratings
- First Mortgage
- Home Loans Comparison
- Low Interest Home Loans
- Mortgage Rates
- 1 year Fixed
- 3 year Fixed
- Investment Property
- SMSF Loans
- 1 Year Fixed Investment Property
- 3 Year Fixed Investment Property
- Home Equity
- Stamp Duty Calculator
- Best Home Loan Rates
- No Doc Home Loans
- No Deposit Home Loans
- Refinancing Home Loans
- Cheapest Home Loans
- View more searches