Adelaide Bank Bank Accounts rates
Popular bank accounts searches
- general savings account macquarie credit union bank accounts
- passbook account arab bank australia bank accounts
- everyday access wide bay australia bank accounts
- visa debit wide bay australia bank accounts
- everyday access bank australia bank accounts
- smart net account bank of sydney bank accounts
- retirement access plus banksa bank accounts
- ezepay bankvic bank accounts
- multipack at call s1 bankvic bank accounts
- anywhere bankvic bank accounts
- View more searches
Opening a bank account in Australia is usually a straightforward process. Some banks give you the option of opening an account online, while others require you to visit a branch.
Different bank accounts offer different features, so it’s best to compare your options to find one that suits you.
All banks require you to pass an identity check to open a bank account. Australia uses the 100-point identification system, which means you’ll need to show a number of forms of ID that, together, add up to 100 points.
Common ID types include a driver’s licence, passport, Australian visa in a foreign passport, and Australian Medicare card. You’ll find out what types of ID are accepted when you go through the sign-up process online or at a branch.
Once your account is open, you’ll be given or sent a debit card that you can use to make purchases and withdraw money from your account.