Defence Bank (formerly Defence Force Credit Union Limited) was founded in 1975 to help Australian Defence Force personnel manage their money. One of Australia’s largest member-owned banks, Defence Bank has over 90,000 customers and manages more than $1.5 billion in assets.
Defence Bank is well known for providing a range of home loans tailored to Defence personnel in addition to more standardised financial products such as insurance, credit cards and every day banking facilities.
As Defence Bank isn’t controlled by shareholders it’s able to offer a range of financial products at competitive interest rates to customers across Australia. In 2014 and 2015 Defence Bank won Money Magazine’s ‘Best of the Best Award’ for it’s car loan and was a finalist in the 2013 Australian Lending Awards.
Defence Bank Home Loan Calculator
Interested in a Defence Bank home loan? RateCity has a suite of calculators that can show you what your repayments would be and how Defence Bank compares to its competitors. Simply plug in your borrowing amount below.
Defence Bank home loans rates
Go To Site
Fixed - 5 years
Fixed - 5 years
- Offers discounts on the interest rate.
- Suitable for low deposits.
- Opportunity to package financial products.
- Pre-approval available for home loans.
- Some products include high upfront fees.
- Not all products offer offset facilities.
Defence Bank home loan customers can get in touch in a number of ways. By calling the customer service centre it’s possible to speak to a member of staff on the phone, or alternatively customers can visit one of its 40-plus branches primarily located on defence bases across Australia. Wherever customers are located cash can be withdrawn through one of Australia’s largest ATM networks and enquiries can be made via email or through the bank’s website. Defence Bank mobile and online banking services are available 24/7.
- Customer service centre (phone)
- Mobile app
- Online banking
How to Apply
To get in touch with Defence Bank regarding their home loan customers can call the customer service centre and arrange to speak to a home loan consultant. Customers can also make enquiries online and complete Defence Bank’s obligation-free pre-approval process. Home loan applications can be made both online and face-to-face in a branch. Before settling on a home loan it’s important for customers to calculate how much they can comfortably borrow at various terms and interest rates. To support any Defence Bank home loan application the following documentation may be required:
- Personal identification material.
- Proof of income and tax file number.
- Proof of additional earnings.
- Information regarding current debts, liabilities and assets.
- Documentation on the new property.
Today's top home loan Products
Popular home loans searches
- LOW DOC Home Loans
- Low Interest Mortgage
- Best Mortgage
- Fixed Rate Mortgage
- Variable Rate Mortgage
- Home Loan Ratings
- First Mortgage
- Home Loans Comparison
- Low Interest Home Loans
- Mortgage Rates
- 1 year Fixed
- 3 year Fixed
- Investment Property
- SMSF Loans
- 1 Year Fixed Investment Property
- 3 Year Fixed Investment Property
- Home Equity
- Stamp Duty Calculator
- Best Home Loan Rates
- No Doc Home Loans
- No Deposit Home Loans
- Refinancing Home Loans
- Cheapest Home Loans
- View more searches
- payments equity line investment loan sge credit union home loans
- flexidiscount home loan fixed 1 year lvr 80 bank of us home loans
- payments fixed rate investment loan 1 year interest only sge credit union home loans
- vip package fixed io 2yr firstmac home loans
- payments standard variable investment loan interest only gcmutual sge credit union home loans
- pepper advantage alt doc specialist pi lvr 65 70 pepper home loans
- payments budget home loan special imb home loans
- flexidiscount home loan fixed 3 years lvr 80 bank of us home loans
- payments fixed home loan 2 year interest only teachers mutual bank home loans
- select basic inv io 2 years aussie home loans