Athena Home Loans and Wisr were two of the winners at the annual Finnie Awards, which honour Australia’s fintech sector.
Athena Home Loans, which is one of Australia’s newest lenders, was named Emerging FinTech Organisation of the Year.
Wisr, which is Australia’s only ASX-listed marketplace lender, took home the gong for Excellence in Consumer Lending.
Wisr was also a finalist in the FinTech Organisation of the Year category, while Wisr CEO Anthony Nantes was a finalist in the Outstanding FinTech Leader of the Year category.
RateSetter, SocietyOne, loans.com.au, MoneyPlace also nominated
RateSetter received three nominations at the Finnie Awards:
- Excellence in Consumer Lending
- Excellence in Wealth Management (PFM and Robo)
- Best Partnership of the Year
SocietyOne and loans.com.au were also nominated in the Excellence in Consumer Lending category.
In the individual categories, loans.com.au managing director Marie Mortimer received two nominations – Outstanding FinTech Leader of the Year and Female FinTech Leader of the Year.
MoneyPlace founder Stuart Stoyan was also nominated in the Outstanding FinTech Leader of the Year category.
The other Finnie Awards winners were…
- FinTech Organisation of the Year: Afterpay
- Outstanding FinTech Leader of the Year: Jack Zhang, AirWallex
- Excellence in Wealth Management: Myprosperity
- Best Partnership of the Year: Up
- Female FinTech Leader of the Year: Van Le, Xinja
- Emerging FinTech Leader of the Year (under 35): Jessica Ellerm, Zuper
- Deal of the Year: MoneyPlace
- Excellence in Payments: Afterpay
- Excellence in Insurtech: Huddle Insurance
- Biggest Raise of the Year: AirWallex
- Best Workplace Diversity: Identitii
- Excellence in Blockchain / Distributed Ledger & Digital Currencies / Wallets / Exchanges: Enosi Australia
- Excellence in Business Lending: Trade Ledger
- Excellence in Crowdfunding: Equitise
- Excellence in Establishing Market Presence, Global: Airwallex
- Excellence in FinTech Support Services: Reinventure Group
- Excellence in Industry Collaborations & Partnerships: Up