Compare Skoda financing options
Explore Skoda finance options across a database of 90+ lenders. Compare interest rates, fees and features to find a Skoda car loan that's right for you.
Škoda Auto, more commonly known as Skoda, is owned by the Volkswagen group, and is a Czech car manufacturer.
Skoda was originally founded in 1895 as Laurin and Klement, a bicycle repair shop, which became an automobile manufacturer by the year 1905. This makes it the second-oldest Czech car manufacturer.
The company later went into partnership with Škoda Works, an arms manufacturer, in 1925, giving the company its name.
About Skoda cars
Skoda cars are known for being practical, niche automobiles. Examples include:
- SUPERB Sedan 162TSI DSG ($43,990): a six-speed DSG sedan with adaptive cruise control, blind spot detection, rear view camera with front and rear parking sensors, and fatigue detection technology
- KAROQ ($35,290): a seven-speed automatic with adaptive cruise control, advanced keyless entry and eight-inch high-resolution infotainment system
- OCTAVIA Sedan ($25,490): a six-speed manual with SmartLink and Smartphone connectivity, including Apple CarPlay and Android Auto radio Bolero
- RAPID 92TSI DSG ($24,990): a seven-speed DSG with electronic stability control (incl. ABS, EBD, ASR, multi-collision brake and hill hold control), front fog lights, touch screen 6.5-inch swing radio with MP3 player and six surround-sound speakers
- FABIA Hatch 70TSI ($16,990): a five-speed manual with front assist and city emergency brake, electronic stability control and touch screen 6.5-inch Swing Plus radio
Skoda cars, whose slogan is “Simply Clever”, are practical and efficient. They’re considered to be budget to mid-range in price, generally sitting around the ‘affordable’ bracket for most buyers.
The typical Skoda market has generally been considered to be the over-35s; their usual clientele are people looking for affordable, reliable cars, and their establishment as such a long-term company usually appeals to an older audience.
Skoda is relatively new to Australia, arriving as late as 2007. The first models to be released to the Aussie market were the Octavia and the Roomster. Since then, Skoda’s popularity within Australia has been slowly and steadily on the rise.
In a Roy Morgan customer service survey of 50,000 Aussie consumers between April 2017 and April 2018, Skoda achieved a 97.5 per cent satisfaction rating amongst its customers.
How can I get a Skoda car loan?
Skoda car loans are available direct through your local dealership. However, you might find that you are able to secure a better rate if you shop around.
Here are three other ways to get a Skoda car loan:
- Use a comparison website. Comparison websites allow you to see what’s on the market at the moment, and help you make the most informed decisions for your circumstances. You can use the website’s tools, such as calculators, to work out your potential repayments, and see what you can afford.
- Go direct to a lender. Try to shop around before directly approaching lenders, so that you know what options are available. Approaching a lender directly is a good way to make sure that you meet the specific loan criteria prior to submitting an application.
- Speak to a broker. Finance brokers can organise a loan for you, from one of the institutions on their lending panel.
How much does a Skoda car loan cost?
Here are the approximate running costs for three different Skoda models, based on RACQ category averages:
|Model||Category||Cents/km||Average $ per week|
|Skoda Octavia 110 TSI Sport||Medium car class||65.32||$188.43|
|Skoda Superb 163 TSI||Medium car class||84.15||$242.75|
|Skoda Karoq 1.5 TSI Sport||Small SUV||59.9||$172.85|
Here’s how much a five-year loan will cost for three different Skoda models if you borrow 100 per cent of the purchase price over five years:
|Model||Price/loan||Total repayments at 6%||Total repayments at 8%||Total repayments at 10%|
|Skoda Octavia 110 TSI Sport||$25,490||
|Skoda Superb 163 TSI||$43,990||
|Skoda Karoq 1.5 TSI Sport||$35,290||$40,935||$42,933||$44,988|