Electronic Wallet Service
|1.5 points for $1 spent||Visa||Up to $2,000 monthly||eligible purchases|
|0.5 points for $1 spent||Visa||uncapped||eligible purchases|
- Free Domestic Travel Insurance Available for up to 14 days when you use your card to pay for return domestic travel
- Free International Travel Insurance Cover lasts for the shorter of the completion of your trip or 6 months of travel or when you return to your usual place of residence
- Price Guarantee If you purchase personal goods in Australia and then find the same product advertised later in a printed catalogue at a cheaper price within 21 days of purchase, from a store within 25km of the store where the item was purchased, you can claim back the difference if it is more than $75 and less than $300.
- Rental Car Excess Insurance
- Special Events
- Partner Discounts
- Airport Lounge Spend $500 on eligible purchases in the first 3 months and get up to two entries per year into Virgin Australia domestic lounges
Similar credit cards
The ANZ Rewards Travel Adventures Card features a high interest rate, moderately high annual fee and a moderately low number of interest-free days on purchases.
The ANZ Reward Points program associated with this card allows cardholders to earn points for spending to be redeemed on rewards such as entertainment, hotel stays, merchandise and gift cards. Customers also receive a complimentary domestic flight with Virgin Australia and two complimentary Virgin Australia lounge passes every year until the card is cancelled (conditions apply).
No overseas transaction fees are charged for international purchases made on the card in-store or online, but ATM operator fees may apply. This card also allows up to nine additional cardholders for a fee.
Security-wise, customers are protected by ANZ’s Fraud Money Back Guarantee, as well as ANZ Falcon, which provides 24/7 monitoring of suspicious transactions.
- Rewards program
- No overseas transaction fees
- Allows additional cardholders
- High interest rate
- Moderately high annual fee
- Moderately low interest-free period
Who is it good for?
The ANZ Rewards Travel Adventures Card is good for those who want to take a credit card with them while travelling without having to pay hefty overseas spending fees. It is also suitable for people who spend regularly on their card as it has good rewards-earning potential.
However, the interest rate and annual fee are high, so it’s not a particularly suitable option for people who struggle to pay off their full balance each month. Similarly, it probably isn’t appropriate for those wanting to transfer a balance from another card as it doesn’t come with a balance transfer offer.
Small businesses and other shared cardholders may also be attracted to this card due to its generous allowance for nine additional cardholders. However, it’s worth noting that there is a fee for adding additional cardholders, while other cards on the market offer supplementary cards at no extra cost.
What RateCity says
Frequent travellers who spend regularly and pay off their balance regularly could benefit from this card’s rewards program, travel benefits and insurance coverage. The waived overseas transaction fees also make this card an especially good choice for globetrotters.
Additionally, the allowance for supplementary cardholders means points can potentially be earned quickly with more people spending on the one account.
The ANZ Rewards Travel Adventures Card comes with a high interest rate and moderately high annual fee – which is typical for a rewards card with added benefits – so it’s worth considering if the advantages outweigh the costs for your circumstances.
If you’re not confident you can pay off your card balance each month, or are looking for better value for money, it may be worth doing some further research to find a card with a lower rate and lower fees.
To be eligible for the ANZ Rewards Travel Adventures Card, you must be at least 18 years of age and have a good credit rating. You must also be an Australian permanent resident or a non-Australian permanent resident with more than nine months left on your visa, and be earning at least $35,000 a year. To apply for this card, you’ll need to provide proof of ID, details of your income, and two recent payslips as proof of employment.
Australia and New Zealand Banking Group (ANZ) makes up one of the big four financial institutions in Australia and is one of the biggest banking groups in the Pacific and New Zealand Region. ANZ’s personal finance products include credit cards, personal loans, car loans and home loans. Customer service is available 24 hours a day through the bank’s online portal and phone support line. Customers can also do their banking through the ANZ website and the ANZ App*.
*The ANZ App is provided by Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited (ANZ) ABN 11 005 357 522. Super, Shares and Insurance (if available) are not provided by ANZ but entities which are not banks. ANZ does not guarantee them. This information is general in nature only and does not take into account your personal objectives, financial situation or needs. ANZ recommends that you read the ANZ App Terms and Conditions available at www.anz.com and consider if this service is appropriate to you prior to making a decision to acquire or use the ANZ App.
Popular credit cards searches
- bendigo bank credit cards
- beyond bank credit cards
- citibank credit cards
- racq credit cards
- coastline credit union credit cards
- commonwealth bank credit cards
- no overseas atm fees credit cards
- free excess insurance for rental cars credit cards
- free international travel insurance credit cards
- cash back credit cards credit cards
- View more searches