Pros and Cons
- No Annual Fee
Electronic Wallet Service
- Free Domestic Travel Insurance
- Free International Travel Insurance Cover lasts for 180 days per year
- Free Supplementary Cards
- Purchase Protection Covers up to $125,000 per year
- Price Guarantee If you purchase personal goods in Australia and then find the same product advertised later in a printed catalogue at a cheaper price within 21 days of purchase, from a store within 25km of the store where the item was purchased, you can claim back the difference if it is more than $75 and less than $1000.
- Extended Warranty Warranty is extended for the same duration as the original warranty up to 1 year.
Similar credit cards
The Bankwest Zero Platinum Mastercard is one of Bankwest’s no annual fee credit cards. As such, this card does not charge an annual fee. The card does have moderately high interest rates and a moderate number of interest-free days, as well as a moderately high late payment fee. The card does not have an associated rewards program.
The Bankwest Zero Platinum Mastercard was designed with travel in mind. Platinum card holders are not charged foreign transaction fees, which means you can use your card abroad just as you would at home. The Bankwest Zero Platinum Mastercard is also eligible for complimentary travel insurance.
This card has a minimum credit limit of $6,000, and while it does not earn rewards on your transactions, card holders are granted exclusive benefits at Perth Arena.
- No annual fee
- No foreign transaction fees
- Exclusive benefits at Perth Arena
- Moderately high interest rates
- Moderately high late payment fee
- No rewards scheme
Who is it good for?
The Bankwest Zero Platinum Mastercard is a practical credit card for travellers. Unlike many other credit cards, the Bankwest Zero Platinum Mastercard does not charge international transaction fees, which may make it a convenient card for bringing on your travels.
This card may not be well suited to potential card holders who struggle to pay their credit card bills on time and in full. The card has moderately high interest rates with a moderate interest-free period, which may be troublesome for customers who don’t pay their bills in full. This card also charges a moderately high late payment fee, which will increase your card costs when you don’t pay on time.
Because the Bankwest Zero Platinum Mastercard does not earn rewards on eligible purchases, this card may not be the best fit for potential card holders in search of credit card rewards.
What RateCity says
The Bankwest Zero Platinum Mastercard is a reasonable choice for card holders that prioritise travel and low fees. One of the most significant benefits of this card is that it does not charge international purchase fees, making it a sensible card to bring with you when you travel. The card also does not charge an annual fee, which may be an incentive for card holders who want to eliminate unnecessary credit card costs.
However, this card does not offer any rewards benefits or perks outside its absence of fees. There is no associated rewards scheme, which means that card holders do not earn any benefits for their purchases. While some may prefer a card with no annual fee and no rewards scheme, others may want a card that receives travel, frequent flyer or merchandise rewards.
Eligible applicants for the Bankwest Zero Platinum Mastercard must be at least 18 years old and be an Australian citizen or permanent resident. Before you begin applying, there is certain information you should have nearby. The online applications will require photo identification, such as an Australian driver’s licence or passport, as well as employment details and financial information, including income, expenses and assets. Applicants can save their online application and complete it at another time.
Bankwest, previously known as the Bank of Western Australia, is an Australian bank based in Perth. Bankwest is a full-service bank that offers both personal and business banking solutions. Their offering includes credit cards, bank accounts, savings accounts, insurance and investments. Bankwest also offers a range of loans, such as home loans and personal loans. In 2008, Bankwest became a part of Commonwealth Bank Group, Australia’s largest provider of financial services.
Popular credit cards searches
- emirates frequent flyer points credit cards
- etihad frequent flyer points credit cards
- singapore airlines frequent flyer points credit cards
- cathay pacific frequent flyer points credit cards
- marriot rewards credit cards
- hilton honors rewards credit cards
- comparison credit cards
- low rates credit cards
- diners club credit cards
- ihg rewards credit cards
- View more searches