Electronic Wallet Service
|2 points for $1 spent||Visa||uncapped||eligible transactions|
- Free Domestic Travel Insurance
- Free International Travel Insurance
- Free Supplementary Cards
- Purchase Protection
- Price Guarantee If you purchase personal goods in Australia and then find the same product advertised later in a printed catalogue at a cheaper price within 60 days of purchase, from a store within 25km of the store where the item was purchased, you can claim back the difference if it is more than $75 and less than $500.
- Extended Warranty Warranty is extended for the same duration as the original warranty up to 1 year.
Similar credit cards
The Bank of Queensland Platinum Visa credit card includes a high interest rate, a moderate interest-free period and a moderately high annual fee (except for a discounted annual fee in the first year). It also has a moderate minimum credit limit.
Those wishing to carry over existing debt can take advantage of an introductory balance transfer deal with no balance transfer fee. This card also allows up to four free additional cardholders.
Customers are covered by complimentary travel insurance and purchase insurance if insurance conditions are met. Cardholders can also earn points for spending as part of the Q Rewards program. Points can be redeemed for flight discounts and upgrades on most major airlines.
Additionally, cardholders have access to a 24/7 concierge service offering assistance with holiday bookings, gift purchases and more.
- Four free additional cardholders
- Rewards program
- Complimentary insurance
- High interest rate
- Moderately high annual fee
- International transaction fees
Who is it good for?
This card could be suitable for frequent travellers who tend to spend frequently on their credit card and are able to pay their bills on time. The Bank of Queensland Platinum Visa card could be a sensible option in these cases as it offers money-saving potential through its rewards program as well, as peace of mind with complimentary insurance.
However, it isn’t especially suitable for international spending due to high overseas transaction fees.
Those who want to pay off existing debt cost-effectively would also benefit from this card’s introductory balance transfer offer. This offer only applies during a specified period, though, and once it’s over a higher cash advance rate applies to the transferred balance.
People looking to earn a variety of rewards or really cut down on costs likely wouldn’t find this card to be appropriate as the rewards program is quite specific and the interest rate is high.
What RateCity says
The Bank of Queensland Platinum Visa credit card offer several advantages to potential customers.
If you are seeking travel rewards, for example, this card offers flexibility in terms of which airlines you can use your points with, and you could save money on travel insurance costs. Likewise, the card’s allowance for up to four additional cardholders lends itself to earning points faster due to multiple people spending on the one account.
The balance transfer deal may also be an incentive for some customers, although it’s best to keep in mind that this offer is for a limited time only.
The card has a high interest rate and a moderately high annual fee, which is reasonable for a rewards card. However, for those looking to reduce fees and mitigate the risk of unnecessary debt, it may be wiser to choose a card with a lower interest rate and lower fees.
The eligibility criteria for the Bank of Queensland Platinum Visa card state that you must be at least 18 years old, have a good credit rating and earn a taxable income of at least $35,000 a year. You also need to be an Australian permanent resident. If you apply for a balance transfer, your total balance transferred cannot exceed 80 per cent of your credit limit. Applications can be completed online at the BOQ website or at a branch.
About Bank of Queensland
Bank of Queensland (BOQ) is one of Australia’s leading regional banks, with more than 190 branches throughout the country. The bank provides personal finance products to customers, including credit cards, bank accounts, personal loans and home loans, among others. Internet banking is available through the BOQ website and the BOQ Mobile app. Customer support is also available through the bank’s 24-hour phone support line, via email or by visiting one of the bank’s branches.
Popular credit cards searches
- 0 interest on new purchases credit cards
- australian military bank credit cards
- fraud protection guarantee credit cards
- flexigroup credit cards
- cash advance credit cards credit cards
- low rate visa credit card first option credit union credit cards
- travel insurance credit cards credit cards
- platinum visa credit card sge credit union credit cards
- visa credit card greater bank credit cards
- classic heritage bank credit cards
- View more searches