Qantas Rewards Premium Card
Bonus PointsReceive 30,000 Qantas Frequent Flyer Points if you spend $2,500 within the first 60 days and 0% p.a. balance transfer rate for 6 months
- Last updated on 01 Apr 2020
Balance Transfer Rate
for 6 months then 21.74%
Max Free Days
- Balance Transfers Available
- Free domestic travel insurance
- Free international travel insurance
- Free supplementary cards
- Purchase protection insurance
- Price guarantee
- Extended warranty
Number free supplementary
Interest Free Days
Interest Free Days
Maximum credit limit
Late Payment Fee
Minimum credit limit
Over limit fee
Minimum repayment dollars
Duplicate statement fee
Minimum repayment percent
Supplementary card annual fee
Cash advance rate
Balance Transfer Rate
Balance Transfer Rate
for 6 months then 21.74%
of the approved credit limit
Balance Transfer Fee
Foreign Exchange Fee
3% on Visa
Estimated ATM Cost
for AU $300 withdrawal
Qantas Frequent Flyer
Gift Card, Domestic Flights, International Flights, Flight Upgrades, Qantas Shop, Qantas Hotels
457 Visa holder
|0.66 points for $1 spent||Visa||Up to $3k monthly||eligible everyday purchases|
|0.33 points for $1 spent||Visa||Up to $6k monthly||eligible everyday purchases|
- FREE DOMESTIC TRAVEL INSURANCE A qualifying purchase is required.
- FREE INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL INSURANCE A qualifying purchase is required.
- FREE SUPPLEMENTARY CARDS Supplementary cardholder must be over 16 years of age
- PURCHASE PROTECTION INSURANCE Cover lasts for 62 days per year
- PRICE GUARANTEE If you purchase personal goods in Australia and then find the same product advertised later in a printed catalogue at a cheaper price within 21 days of purchase, from a store within 25km of the store where the item was purchased, you can claim back the difference if it is more than $75.
- EXTENDED WARRANTY
- Bonus PointsBalance Transfer Receive 30,000 Qantas Frequent Flyer Points if you spend $2,500 within the first 60 days and 0% p.a. balance transfer rate for 6 months*Offer commenced 18 June 2018. To be eligible for the 30,000 bonus Qantas Points offer, you must apply for a new NAB Qantas Rewards Premium Card before the offer is withdrawn, be approved, and spend $2,500 on everyday purchases within 60 days of opening your account. Everyday purchases exclude transactions NAB decides are wholly or partly for gambling or gaming purposes. Points will be credited to your points balance within 3 months of meeting the spend criteria. This bonus points offer is not available to existing customers who have received or are entitled to receive NAB Qantas Rewards Bonus Points for a new personal NAB Qantas Rewards credit card in the twelve months prior to the opening of a NAB Qantas Rewards Signature Card, NAB Qantas Rewards Premium Card or NAB Qantas Rewards Card account. 1. Interest free days on purchases applies if you pay your account in full by the due date each month. You won’t receive interest free days on purchases while you have a balance transfer. However, from 30 March 2020 you may still receive the benefit of interest-free days on purchases if you have an outstanding balance transfer, if you pay the ‘interest-free days payment’ specified on your monthly statement in full by the due date each month. For more information visit nab.com.au/btchange. 2. Points are capped at $6,000 spend per statement period. To earn and redeem Qantas Points using your NAB Qantas Rewards Premium Card, you must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program and have provided your valid membership number to NAB. Points are offered in accordance with the NAB Qantas Credit Card Account Reward Terms and Conditions. If you are not already a Qantas Frequent Flyer member, the joining fee to be waived if you apply and receive a NAB Qantas Rewards Premium Card and join through qantas.com.au/joinffnab. Membership and the earning and redemption of points is subject to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program terms and conditions, available at qantas.com.au/terms. You will earn 1 Bonus Point for every dollar charged to your Card Account for the purchase in Australia of the following services directly from Qantas (ie. where Qantas, and not its agent, is identified as the merchant on the credit card transaction): •Qantas flights •Qantas Club and Qantas Frequent Flyer memberships, and •purchases from 'Qantas Travel' customer shop fronts. Unless otherwise notified, Bonus Points will not be earned in relation to purchases from: •Qantas Freight •Qantas Holidays Ltd •Qantas Business Travel Pty Ltd •other businesses or franchisees of Jetset Travelworld Ltd •Qantas Staff Travel •Jetstar Airways Pty Ltd •other Jetstar-branded businesses, or •for goods or services supplied by Qantas Frequent Flyer program partners. 3. Standard Balance Transfer Rate - After 6 months, any unpaid balance transfers will attract the standard cash advance rate (currently 21.74% p.a as at 18 June 2018). Interest rates are subject to change and available at nab.com.au. Interest free days on purchases do not apply while you have a balance transfer. However, from 30 March 2020 you may still receive the benefit of interest-free days on purchases if you have an outstanding balance transfer, if you pay the ‘interest-free days payment’ specified on your monthly statement in full by the due date each month. For more information visit nab.com.au/btchange. Minimum monthly repayments must be made by the due date each month. Standard balance transfer rate and term may be varied or withdrawn at any time. 4. A qualifying purchase is required to get the benefits of the complimentary insurance. Terms, conditions and exclusions of the complimentary insurances are specified in the NAB Card Insurance Policy Information booklet (PDF, 391KB) and in the NAB Purchase Protection Insurance policy information booklet (PDF, 924KB) and may be amended. The complimentary insurances are issued by QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited ABN 78 003 191 035 to NAB. Access to the benefit of cover under the NAB card insurances is provided to eligible NAB cardholders by operation of s48 of the Insurance Contracts Act 1984 (Cth). 5. This service is provided by Visa Worldwide Pte Ltd or International SOS (Australasia) Pty Ltd. Your concierge is available on 1300 730 213, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. See the NAB Concierge terms and conditions (PDF, 234KB) for full details. NAB may vary or end this offer at any time. Offer is not available when closing/transferring from another NAB credit card account. Credit Card Terms and Conditions available here. Fees and charges are payable. Approval and credit limit are subject to NAB's credit assessment criteria. Information, including interest rates and fees are subject to change. Credit cards issued by National Australia Bank Limited. Correct as at 18 June 2018. ©2018 National Australia Bank Limited ABN 12 004 044 937 AFSL and Australian Credit Licence 230686.
Compare and review credit cards with similar features
NAB special lending solutions are tailored to help you secure your home sooner. If you are self-employed, run your own business and have a steady income, but are lacking a good financial history then a nab lo doc loan could be the solution for you. Applying for a “Low Doc” loan involves a similar process to a normal home loan application. You will be required to confirm your income in order to qualify with the loan application.
For more great deals on savings account visit our savings account page to compare savings accounts by highest interest rate.
The NAB Qantas Rewards Premium Card has a moderately high standard interest rate and annual fee, and a moderately low interest-free period. It also has a moderate minimum credit limit.
This card comes with the ability to earn Qantas points for everyday spending, which can be redeemed for flights, upgrades and other rewards from the Qantas store. It also features a range of complimentary travel and purchase insurances.
For people looking to transfer debt from another credit card, the NAB Qantas Rewards Premium Card offers an introductory 0 per cent balance transfer interest rate for the first six months with a 2 per cent balance transfer fee.
Cardholders can make contactless payments using their smartphone by connecting the card with NAB Pay for Android or Apple Pay for iPhone. Security-wise, NAB Defence also monitors transactions to offer protection against fraudulent activity.
- Qantas rewards program
- Complimentary insurance
- Free additional cardholder
- Moderately high interest rate
- Moderately high annual fee
- International spending fees
Who is it good for?
Existing Qantas Frequent Flyer members or those looking to join a frequent flyer program are likely to be attracted to this card’s rewards program. The range of complimentary travel insurances that come with the NAB Qantas Rewards Premium Card would also be beneficial to frequent travellers. However, it isn’t particularly suited to overseas spending due to international fees.
This card could also be good for couples or other people looking to share a credit card, as it allows one additional cardholder at no extra cost.
The interest rate and annual fee are moderately high, so it isn’t especially suitable for those who aren’t able to pay their balance entirely every month or those looking for a budget credit card.
The introductory balance transfer deal may be an incentive for customers who want to pay off existing debt, though there is the balance transfer fee to consider.
What RateCity says
The NAB Qantas Rewards Premium Card offers good rewards-earning potential for people looking to collect frequent flyer miles for spending. However, rewards are limited to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program, and there are other cards available with more flexible rewards programs.
Similarly, the balance transfer deal and allowance for additional cardholders may not be the most generous on the market.
With a moderately high interest rate and annual fee, there is a risk of incurring extra debt quickly if you don’t pay your balance on time. As such, if you are looking for better value for money, you might be better off choosing a card with a lower interest rate and annual fee.
If you’re confident you can pay your monthly balance in full and would like to earn other rewards like cashback or merchandise, it may be worth shopping around to find a credit card with a more versatile rewards program.
To be eligible for the NAB Qantas Rewards Premium Card, you must be at least 18 years of age and meet the bank’s serviceability criteria. To apply, you can fill in a form online at the bank’s website or visit a NAB branch in person if preferred. When applying, you will need to provide proof of identification, personal details and proof of reliable income, such as bank statements and payslips.
National Australia Bank (NAB) was founded in 1982, and today employs 30,000 staff at more than 900 locations in Australia, New Zealand and around the world. With over 9 million customers, it is one of Australia’s big four banks, and provides customers with personal finance products like credit cards, bank accounts, personal loans and home loans. Customers can manage their banking products in-branch, via NAB’s online banking portal or through the NAB mobile app.
There is no one-size-fits-all best rewards credit card. It's best you research what type of rewards program you'd like, as well as the fees, interest rate and conditions associated with those types of cards before making a choice.
Rewards credit cards can also come with high annual fees that may end up nullifying the rewards, so think how often you use the card to decide whether the benefits outweigh the extra cost for you. A card with a lower annual fee might require a lot of spending to get any useful rewards, while another card with a higher annual fee might need fewer purchases to get a reward.