Electronic Wallet Service
|2.25 points for $1 spent||Visa||uncapped||Purchases on Webjet|
|1.5 points for $1 spent||Visa||uncapped||Major department and hardware stores|
|0.75 points for $1 spent||Visa||uncapped||eligible everyday purchases|
- Free International Travel Insurance A qualifying purchase is required.
- Free Supplementary Cards Supplementary cardholder must be over 16 years of age
- Purchase Protection Use your rewards classic card to purchase the new item
- Price Guarantee If you purchase personal goods in Australia and then find the same product advertised later in a printed catalogue at a cheaper price within 21 days of purchase, from a store within 25km of the store where the item was purchased, you can claim back the difference if it is more than $75.
- Extended Warranty
Similar credit cards
American Express Velocity Escape Card
The NAB Rewards Classic Card is a rewards credit card that allows cardholders to earn points for NAB’s own rewards program, NAB Rewards.
This credit card also has a moderately high interest rate on transactions - as can be expected with a rewards credit card - and an even higher interest rate on cash advances. However, NAB also offer a very low interest balance transfer deal for the NAB Rewards Classic Card in the first six months.
Customers who choose this credit card can also expect to pay a moderate annual fee each year, while receiving a moderately low number of interest-free days.
Other features of the NAB Rewards Classic Card include complimentary purchase protection insurance - which covers new items for 90 days if lost, stolen or damaged - and entertainment offers with Visa Entertainment.
- Earn rewards points
- Complimentary insurance
- Balance transfer offer
- Moderately high interest rate
- Moderate annual fee
- Moderately low interest-free days
Who is it good for?
The ability to earn NAB Rewards points with this credit card makes it more suitable for current NAB customers, who may or may not already be NAB Rewards members. Others should weigh up whether the NAB Rewards program is right for them, and whether it may compromise their ability to earn other rewards points.
The moderately high interest rate on this credit card may make it more suitable for customers who are already in the habit of paying off their credit cards in full each month. Combine the interest rate with the moderately low number of interest-free days, and interest could quickly stack up when using this card.
As with all rewards points credit cards, bigger spenders will likely see more value in this card, as you will earn more rewards points the more you spend.
What RateCity says
The NAB Rewards Classic Card allows customers to earn points for the NAB Rewards program, which can be redeemed for travel, merchandise, charity and more at the NAB Rewards Store. You can also earn more points when shopping with NAB’s official partners.
For customers who are not already banking with NAB, or already members of a different rewards program, the NAB Rewards Classic Card is simply another credit card with a moderate annual fee and a few extra bells and whistles. Current members of NAB Rewards, or those who simply want to keep all of their banking under the same umbrella, may find value in the rewards program on offer. The balance transfer offer could also be a good option, but only for those with modest credit card debt (as the offer is only for the first six months.)
To be eligible for the NAB Rewards Classic Card you must be at least 18 years old and meet any other serviceable criteria. The online application should take about 25 minutes, and you can expect to receive a response within 60 seconds. Make sure to have recent bank statements and payslips on hand - you will need to provide a number of details regarding your employment, spending habits, assets and more.
About the lender
NAB trades under its official name, National Australia Bank, and was established in Australia in 1982. As one of the big four banks in Australia, NAB has branches and ATMs available across Australia, and provides 24/7 phone support for internet banking, concierge services and to report a lost or stolen card. Customers can also reach NAB for general enquiries during both standard and extended business hours. NAB currently serves more than 12 million customers.
Popular credit cards searches
- free airport lounge pass credit cards
- free bottle of wine when dining credit cards
- qantas frequent flyer points credit cards
- thai airlines frequent flyer points credit cards
- overseas spending credit cards
- best credit cards for shopping online credit cards
- high income credit cards credit cards
- qantas frequent flyer credit cards credit cards
- no overseas atm fees credit cards
- free excess insurance for rental cars credit cards
- View more searches