Rewards Signature Card
Bonus PointsReceive 120,000 NAB Rewards Bonus Points when you spend $3,000 in 60 days and keep your card open for over 12 months. 0% p.a. balance transfer rate for 6 months.
- Last updated on 02 Jul 2020
Bendigo Bank Low Rate Mastercard
Purchase Offers0% p.a. on purchases for 15 months from account opening. Receive a $150 Woolworths gift card when you spend $3,000 in 90 days.
2% transfer fee applies
for 15 months then 11.99%
Balance Transfer Rate
for 6 months then 21.74%
Max Free Days
- Balance Transfers Available
- Free domestic travel insurance
- Free international travel insurance
- Free supplementary cards
- Purchase protection insurance
- Price guarantee
- Extended warranty
Number free supplementary
Interest Free Days
Interest Free Days
Maximum credit limit
No set max
Late Payment Fee
Minimum credit limit
Over limit fee
Minimum repayment dollars
Duplicate statement fee
Minimum repayment percent
Supplementary card annual fee
Cash advance rate
Balance Transfer Rate
Balance Transfer Rate
for 6 months then 21.74%
of the approved credit limit
Balance Transfer Fee
Foreign Exchange Fee
3% on Visa
Estimated ATM Cost
for AU $300 withdrawal
|3.75 points for $1 spent||Visa||uncapped||Webjet, overseas purchases|
|2.5 points for $1 spent||Visa||uncapped||Major department and hardware stores|
|1.25 points for $1 spent||Visa||uncapped||eligible everyday purchases|
- FREE DOMESTIC TRAVEL INSURANCE A qualifying purchase is required.
- FREE INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL INSURANCE A qualifying purchase is required.
- FREE SUPPLEMENTARY CARDS Supplementary cardholder must be over 16 years of age
- PURCHASE PROTECTION INSURANCE
- PRICE GUARANTEE If you purchase personal goods in Australia and then find the same product advertised later in a printed catalogue at a cheaper price within 21 days of purchase, from a store within 25km of the store where the item was purchased, you can claim back the difference if it is more than $75.
- EXTENDED WARRANTY
- Bonus PointsBalance Transfer Receive 120,000 NAB Rewards Bonus Points when you spend $3,000 in 60 days and keep your card open for over 12 months. 0% p.a. balance transfer rate for 6 months.*Offer commenced 16 August 2019. To be eligible for the 120,000 bonus points offer, you must apply for a new NAB Rewards Signature Card before the offer is withdrawn, be approved, and spend $3,000 on everyday purchases within 60 days of opening your account. Points will be awarded on a tiered basis - 90,000 bonus points when you spend $3,000 on everyday purchases in the first 60 days (credited to your points balance within 3 months of meeting the spend criteria) and 30,000 bonus points after 12 months (credited to your points balance within the 13th month). Everyday purchases exclude transactions NAB decides are wholly or partly for gambling or gaming purposes. NAB may vary or end this offer. This Offer is not available to existing customers who have received or are entitled to receive NAB Rewards Bonus Points for a new personal NAB Rewards Signature card in the twelve months prior to the opening of the NAB Rewards Signature card account. 1. Interest free days on purchases applies if you pay your account in full by the due date each month. You won’t receive interest free days on purchases if you have a balance transfer. However, from 30 March 2020 you may still receive the benefit of interest-free days on purchases if you have an outstanding balance transfer, if you pay the ‘interest-free days payment’ specified on your monthly statement in full by the due date each month. For more information visit nab.com.au/btchange. 2. Points are earned and redeemed in accordance with the NAB Rewards Terms and Conditions available at rewards.nab.com.au. These terms describe the purchases not eligible to earn points. You must have an open and active NAB Rewards credit card account to earn points. 3. Standard Balance Transfer Rate - After 6 months, any unpaid balance transfers will attract the standard cash advance rate (currently 21.74% p.a. as at 16 August 2019). The one off balance transfer fee of 2% is calculated on the amount transferred and is charged to your NAB credit card account when your balance transfer is processed. Interest rates are subject to change and available at nab.com.au. Interest free days on purchases do not apply while you have a balance transfer.However, from 30 March 2020 you may still receive the benefit of interest-free days on purchases if you have an outstanding balance transfer, if you pay the ‘interest-free days payment’ specified on your monthly statement in full by the due date each month. For more information visit nab.com.au/btchange. Minimum monthly repayments must be made by the due date each month. Standard balance transfer rate and term may be varied or withdrawn at any time. Not available in conjunction with a Balance Transfer Special offer. 4. A qualifying purchase is required to get the benefits of the complimentary insurance. Terms, conditions and exclusions of the complimentary insurances are specified in the NAB Card Insurance Policy Information booklet (PDF, 391KB) and in the NAB Purchase Protection Insurance policy information booklet (PDF, 924KB) and may be amended. The complimentary insurances are issued by QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited ABN 78 003 191 035 to NAB. Access to the benefit of cover under the NAB card insurances is provided to eligible NAB cardholders by operation of s48 of the Insurance Contracts Act 1984 (Cth). 5. This service is provided by Visa Worldwide Pte Ltd or International SOS (Australasia) Pty Ltd. Your concierge is available on 1300 730 213, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. See the NAB Concierge terms and conditions (PDF, 234KB) for full details. Offer is not available when closing/transferring from another NAB credit card account. This Bonus Points offer is not available to existing customers who have received or are entitled to receive NAB Rewards Bonus Points for a new personal NAB Rewards Credit Card or NAB Home Loan in the twelve months prior to the opening of the NAB Rewards Platinum Card account. Credit card terms and conditions available here. Fees and charges are payable. Approval and credit limit are subject to NAB's credit assessment criteria. Information, including interest rates and fees are subject to change. NAB Rewards Terms and Conditions apply. Correct as at 16 August 2019. ©2020 National Australia Bank Limited ABN 12 004 044 937 AFSL and Australian Credit Licence 230686.
Compare and review credit cards with similar features
National Australia Bank, more commonly known as NAB, is one of the big four banks in Australia. NAB is headquartered in Melbourne and has more than 900 locations across the country. NAB has over 30,000 employees who serve over 9 million customers.
NAB customers can reach out to customer support by contacting them via:
- Customer service (phone, email, branch)
- Mobile app
- Online banking
- Live Chat
- Mobile banking staff
NAB offers a wide range of credit cards, as well as home loans, personal loans, savings accounts, term deposits and much more.
The NAB Rewards Signature Card is a high-earning rewards card that offers flexibility in point redemption. This card has a high annual fee, moderately high interest rates and moderately low interest-free days.
You redeem your NAB Rewards Points at the NAB Rewards Store, where you can browse for a range of products and experiences, from homewares to flights. The card earns 1.25 NAB Rewards Points per $1 spent on everyday purchases. You earn double points when you purchase from major department and hardware stores, and triple points when you book travel with Webjet and make overseas purchases.
Customers can also receive seven complimentary insurances. Travellers can benefit from overseas travel insurance, interstate flight inconvenience insurance, domestic hotel burglary insurance and transport accident insurance. Frequent shoppers can take advantage of purchase protection insurance, extended warranty insurance and price protection insurance.
- Earn triple points on eligible purchases
- Moderately high credit limit
- Seven complimentary insurances
- High annual fee
- Moderately high interest rates
- Moderately low interest-free days
Who is it good for?
The NAB Rewards Signature card may be a sensible choice for customers who want flexibility in their reward scheme. NAB Rewards allows you to redeem your points for a broad range of products, benefits and experiences, which means you’re not confined to travel rewards like some other cards.
The NAB Rewards Signature card would better suit those who always pay their bill in full each month. The moderately high interest rates may be a deterrent for card holders than often only pay partially.
This card is not suited to customers looking for low fees and interest rates. The NAB Rewards Signature card has a high annual fee, which makes it unattractive to some customers. If you’d rather have a card with low fees and no reward program, then it may be best to shop around for a card that better suits your preferences.
What RateCity says
The NAB Rewards Signature card offers reward flexibility and freedom but charges a higher annual fee than other cards with similar reward schemes. If you’re not already a NAB customer wanting to keep your banking under one roof, there may be cards that offer similar benefits with lower fees.
Those who are willing to pay a higher annual fee in exchange for higher reward earning may find the double and triple points program attractive. The NAB Rewards Signature card offers 1.25 points for every $1 spent on everyday purchases, which is similar to other reward programs. However, this card doubles the points earned when you shop at major department and hardware stores, and triples your points earned when you buy with Wetjet and when you make overseas purchases either abroad or within Australia.
The easiest way for most customers to apply for the NAB Rewards Signature card is online. Applicants must be at least 18 years old and meet serviceability criteria. When applying, you’ll likely need to provide proof of identity as well as recent payslips or bank statements as proof of income and spending. Applying online takes only 25 minutes and, if approved, customers receive their card in up to five working days.
National Australia Bank, more commonly called NAB, is Australia’s largest business bank, working with businesses of all sizes as well as individuals. NAB’s offering includes banking services like credit cards and bank accounts as well as loans, insurance, superannuation and investment services. Headquartered in Melbourne, NAB allows customers to bank on the go with their mobile banking app. Customers can customise their card settings, block their card and manage their balances.
Property Personal Finance Writer
A property and personal finance writer, Nick Bendel covers property, loans, credit cards, superannuation, and other bank products. Nick has previously written for The Adviser, Mortgage Business, Lifehacker, Business Insider, Yahoo Finance, and InvestorDaily, and loves getting elbow-deep in the latest ABS, APRA and RBA data.
There is no one-size-fits-all best rewards credit card. It's best you research what type of rewards program you'd like, as well as the fees, interest rate and conditions associated with those types of cards before making a choice.
Rewards credit cards can also come with high annual fees that may end up nullifying the rewards, so think how often you use the card to decide whether the benefits outweigh the extra cost for you. A card with a lower annual fee might require a lot of spending to get any useful rewards, while another card with a higher annual fee might need fewer purchases to get a reward.