NAB has released a new debit card that has a $10 monthly fee but gives you the chance to earn up to $10 cash back per month.
The NAB Platinum Visa Debit Card gives you 1 per cent cash back on contactless purchases. However, there are several conditions:
- Purchases must be made in Australian dollars
- Purchases must be made using Visa payWave, NAB Pay or Fitbit Pay
- This applies to to just the first $1,000 of contactless purchases per month, meaning you can earn no more than $10 cash back
The card also comes with a 0 per cent foreign currency fee on purchases, which applies when shopping overseas or making online purchases from overseas businesses.
If you’re travelling overseas, you can earn the right to get free insurance coverage for travel cancellation, overseas medical expenses, lost luggage or travel documents.
The catch is that, before the trip, you have to use your NAB Platinum Visa Debit card to book at least $500 of prepaid transportation, accommodation or land tour costs.
NAB Platinum Visa Debit Card customers also gain access to the NAB Concierge Service.
This is a complimentary 24/7 service that can book your overseas flights and accommodation. It can also provide local assistance, such as:
- Finding, booking, and delivering tickets for live music, sports, and shows
- Restaurant recommendations and bookings
- Reservations at health clubs, golf clubs and hotels
- Flower delivery
- Car and limousine rentals
The NAB Platinum Visa Debit card is available to customers 18 years and older. It must be linked to a new or existing NAB everyday account, such as NAB Classic Banking.