Electronic Wallet Service
|4 points for $1 spent||AMEX||uncapped||David Jones|
|3 points for $1 spent||AMEX||uncapped||major supermarkets and petrol stations|
|1 point for $1 spent||AMEX||uncapped||all other eligible purchases|
- Free Domestic Travel Insurance Available when you use your card to pay for return domestic travel
- Free International Travel Insurance Available when you use your Card to pay for return international travel
- Free Supplementary Cards Supplementary cardholder must be over 18 years of age
- Purchase Protection Covers up to $3,500 per item and $20,000 per year with a $50 excess within 90 days of purchase
- Extended Warranty Warranty is extended for the same duration as the original warranty up to 1 year.
- Special Events Exclusive Season Launch Parades, fashion events and more
- Airport Lounge Up to two entries per year into the American Express Lounge at Sydney or Melbourne International Airport
Similar credit cards
The American Express David Jones Platinum Card (Membership Rewards) features a high interest rate and high annual fee. It also comes with a moderately low number of interest-free days and a moderately low minimum credit limit.
With a David Jones American Express Platinum Card (Membership Rewards), cardholders can earn points for eligible purchases made at David Jones. Points can then be redeemed for David Jones merchandise and gift cards, as well as flights and other rewards. New cardholders can also earn bonus rewards points for spending within the first month of becoming a card member (conditions apply).
Additionally, customers receive benefits such as invitations to fashion events, complimentary American Express Lounge access and complimentary alterations of clothing bought at David Jones.
This card also comes with a range of insurance policies, such as travel insurance and purchase protection. Up to four additional cards are allowed at no extra cost.
- Rewards program
- Complimentary insurance
- Four free additional cardholders
- High interest rate
- High annual fee
- Moderately low interest-free days
Who is it good for?
This card is especially suitable for frequent shoppers at David Jones who spend a lot on their credit card and pay it off on time each month. For these customers, the American Express David Jones Platinum Card (Membership Rewards) offers the potential to earn valuable rewards and save money over the long term.
Families and others wanting to share a credit account could also benefit from this card’s allowance for up to four additional cardholders at no extra cost.
The interest rate and annual fee are both high, however, so it isn’t a particularly good option for those looking to cut down on costs and reduce the risk of acquiring debt.
Similarly, it’s probably not appropriate for people wishing to transfer a balance from another card as the American Express David Jones Platinum Card (Membership Rewards) doesn’t come with a balance transfer deal.
What RateCity says
The American Express David Jones Platinum Card (Membership Rewards) is advantageous for a specific customer base – namely those who spend frequently at David Jones. Others who are searching for a rewards credit card may benefit more from a card with a more inclusive rewards program.
As with most rewards cards, this one comes with a high interest rate and high annual fee, so it’s also important to consider whether this card’s benefits are worth the risk of accruing added debt and paying a hefty fee each year.
If you’re searching for a budget card or you aren’t confident you can repay your debt in full every month, you might want to do some shopping around to see if you can find a credit card with a lower interest rate or better value for money.
To be eligible for the the American Express David Jones Platinum Card (Membership Rewards), you must be at least 18 years old and have a good credit history and no payment defaults. You must also be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or 457 visa-holder, and earn at least $65,000 a year. Applications can be completed online at the American Express website, and you will typically receive a response within five to 10 working days.
About American Express
American Express, also known as AMEX, is a multinational financial services corporation headquartered in New York. It is the world’s largest card issuer by purchase volume. The company provides various personal financial products such as credit cards and traveller’s cheques. Customer service is available via the company’s phone hotline or 24/7 live chat through the AMEX website. Customers can also manage their card accounts online through AMEX’s online services portal.
Popular credit cards searches
- balance transfer 18 months credit cards
- 0 balance transfer deals credit cards
- low interest 18 months credit cards
- 50000 bonus points credit cards
- companies credit cards
- smart search credit cards
- 44 days interest free credit cards
- under 14 interest rate credit cards
- free airport lounge pass credit cards
- free bottle of wine when dining credit cards
- View more searches