Electronic Wallet Service
|1 point for $1 spent||Visa||Up to $7,500 monthly||eligible purchases|
|0.5 points for $1 spent||Visa||uncapped||eligible purchases|
- Free Domestic Travel Insurance Available for up to 14 days when you use your card to pay for return domestic travel
- Free International Travel Insurance Cover lasts for the shorter of the completion of your trip or 6 months of travel or when you return to your usual place of residence
- Purchase Protection Cover lasts for 90 days per year
- Price Guarantee If you purchase personal goods in Australia and then find the same product advertised later in a printed catalogue at a cheaper price within 21 days of purchase, from a store within 25km of the store where the item was purchased, you can claim back the difference if it is more than $75 and less than $300.
- Extended Warranty Warranty is extended for the same duration as the original warranty up to 1 year.
- Rental Car Excess Insurance
- Special Events
- Partner Discounts
- Airport Lounge
Similar credit cards
The ANZ Frequent Flyer Black credit card has a relatively high annual fee, a moderate interest rate and a moderate interest-free period. The card is aimed particularly at rewarding Qantas points to cardholders.
Up to nine additional cardholders (18 years or older) can be added, at a cost of $65 per additional cardholder. There is an initial offer at joining of 75,000 Qantas points, 75 Bonus Status Credits and $0 annual fee for the first year. However, to obtain these benefits, you must activate the card and make $2,500 worth of eligible purchases within three months of approval.
The card allows you to bank on your iPhone or Android. Plus Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay let you use your compatible Apple or Android device to tap and pay. You can also use Smart ATMs, ANZ Internet Banking and ANZ Phone Banking, or set up direct debit with CardPay Direct.
- No annual fee in the first year
- Access to special events
- Range of complimentary insurances
- High annual fee after first year
- High interest rate
- High cash advance fee
Who is it good for?
This card is definitely aimed at the frequent flyer. With uncapped earning of Qantas points, there is great potential to chalk up the frequent flyer points. The earn rate is $1 spent on eligible purchases = 1 point earned; and then 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 spent on eligible purchases above $7,500 per statement period. You also get two Qantas Club lounge access passes per year and discounted first-year Qantas Club membership.
If you travel for work, or just like to fly off for weekends away, then this card will suit you down to the ground (or up in the air).
Also, given that the interest on purchases is at the higher end of the scale, it’s also a card for people who pay off their account fully each month.
What RateCity says
The ANZ Frequent Flyer Black credit card is squarely aimed at the businessperson who travels a lot and spends a lot. On that basis, it offers a solid package, especially that initial offer of 75,000 points and the discount on the Qantas Club membership. The earn is also appealing if you use your frequent flyer points often, but remember you have to spend $2,500 on eligible purchases in the first three months to qualify.
However, if you don’t pay off your monthly balance then you will get slugged with a high interest rate. If you tend to have a balance owing each month then you’re probably better off looking for a card with low or no annual fee, low interest and a longer interest-free period.
To be eligible for the ANZ Frequent Flyer Black credit card, you must be an Australian citizen or a permanent resident with a good credit rating. You can also be a non-Australian permanent resident with more than nine months remaining on your visa. You’ll need recent pay slips to confirm your income or, if you’re self-employed, the contact details for your accountant.
ANZ is one of Australia’s big four banks and provides finance products to customers, including credit cards, personal and home loans. Customers can stay in 24/7 contact with customer service representatives through the bank’s phone hotline and online services. Customers can also manage their own finances through the bank’s internet banking portal and mobile app. The bank’s headquarters is located in Melbourne. ANZ is a publicly listed company, and was incorporated in Australia in 1977.
Popular credit cards searches
- premier world mastercard qantas rewards hsbc credit cards
- low rate credit card hsbc credit cards
- explorer credit card american express credit cards
- value visa hume bank credit cards
- visa credit card hunter united credit cards
- home loan visa credit card hunter united credit cards
- low rate mastercard imb credit cards
- orange one platinum ing direct credit cards
- mastercard jetstar dollars program jetstar credit cards
- platinum mastercard jetstar dollars program jetstar credit cards
- View more searches