Electronic Wallet Service
|0.75 points for $1 spent||Visa||Up to $3,000 monthly||eligible purchases|
|0.5 points for $1 spent||Visa||uncapped||eligible purchases|
- Free Domestic Travel Insurance Available for up to 14 days when you use your card to pay for return domestic travel
- Free International Travel Insurance Cover lasts for the shorter of the completion of your trip or 6 months of travel or when you return to your usual place of residence
- Purchase Protection Cover lasts for 90 days per year
- Price Guarantee If you purchase personal goods in Australia and then find the same product advertised later in a printed catalogue at a cheaper price within 21 days of purchase, from a store within 25km of the store where the item was purchased, you can claim back the difference if it is more than $75 and less than $300.
- Extended Warranty Warranty is extended for the same duration as the original warranty up to 1 year.
- Rental Car Excess Insurance
- Partner Discounts
Similar credit cards
Virgin Money Virgin Australia Velocity Flyer Card (Points Offer)
The ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum credit card comes with a moderately high interest rate, a high annual fee and a moderate interest-free period.
Cardholders can earn Qantas Points on purchases and use points to redeem rewards through the Qantas Frequent Flyer Program. The card also comes with a range of complimentary insurances, including travel insurance, interstate flight inconvenience insurance, rental excess cover, extended warranty insurance and 90-day purchase security insurance.
Customers who make a purchase on the card and then find the product advertised later at a cheaper price can also claim back the difference through the bank’s Best Price Guarantee Scheme (conditions apply).
This card also allows up to nine additional cardholders for an annual fee and has a moderate credit limit.
In terms of security, customers are protected by ANZ’s Fraud Money Back Guarantee, as well as ANZ Falcon, which provides 24/7 monitoring of suspicious transactions.
- Rewards program
- Complimentary insurance
- Allows additional cardholders
- Moderately high interest rate
- High annual fee
- High overseas spending fees
Who is it good for?
The ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum card is good for people who spend regularly on their card and always pay their balance in full each month. It is also well-suited to frequent travellers thanks to its rewards-earning potential with Qantas’ Frequent Flyer Program. However, the overseas spending fees are relatively high, so it isn’t particularly suitable for international purchases.
Potential cardholders who want to share a credit card account with others (such as small business owners) could also benefit from this card’s allowance for up to nine additional cardholders.
This card comes with a relatively high interest rate and high annual fee, so it’s probably not a suitable option for those on a budget or who are unable to pay their bill on time each month. Similarly, those wanting to transfer debt from another card would likely be better off with a card that offers a more attractive balance transfer deal.
What RateCity says
This card comes with a number of rewards benefits to big spenders with the ability to pay off debt every month. Earning points for spending through the Qantas Frequent Flyer Program offers the potential to save money on flights, travel costs and other expenses.
However, the interest rate is relatively high, as is the annual fee, so it’s worth weighing up whether these rewards are worth the costs associated with having the card.
If you are looking to share a credit card account, this card allows a generous number of additional cardholders, although there are other cards available that offer supplementary cards at no extra cost.
Overall, if you’re looking for a credit card geared towards frequent flyers, the ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum could be a suitable choice. If you’d prefer different rewards or a low-cost card, it might be worth shopping around to find a more suitable option.
To be eligible for the ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum credit card, you must be at least 18 and have a good credit rating. You also need to be an Australian permanent resident or a non-Australian permanent resident with more than nine months left on your visa, and earn at least $35,000 a year. When applying, you’ll need to provide an Australian driver’s licence or proof of ID, details of your income and financial standing, and two recent payslips as proof of employment. Applications can be completed online or in-branch.
About the lender
Australia and New Zealand Banking Group (ANZ) is one of the big four financial institutions in Australia and one of the largest banking groups in the Pacific and New Zealand Region. ANZ offers personal finance products to customers including credit cards, personal loans, bank and savings accounts, car loans and home loans. ANZ offers 24/7 customer service through its online services and via phone. Customers can also take care of their banking needs through the ANZ internet banking portal and the ANZ App*.
*The ANZ App is provided by Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited (ANZ) ABN 11 005 357 522. Super, Shares and Insurance (if available) are not provided by ANZ but entities which are not banks. ANZ does not guarantee them. This information is general in nature only and does not take into account your personal objectives, financial situation or needs. ANZ recommends that you read the ANZ App Terms and Conditions available at www.anz.com and consider if this service is appropriate to you prior to making a decision to acquire or use the ANZ App.
Popular credit cards searches
- platinum card suncorp bank rewards suncorp bank credit cards
- low rate visa credit card beyond bank credit cards
- teachers credit card teachers mutual bank credit cards
- platinum visa boq credit cards
- balance transfer no fees credit cards
- visa classic credit card bank first credit cards
- platinum balance transfer offer citibank credit cards
- virgin aust velocity high flyer card virgin money credit cards
- low interest 6 months credit cards
- virgin aust velocity flyer card points offer virgin money credit cards
- View more searches