Electronic Wallet Service
- Free Domestic Travel Insurance Available for up to 14 days when you use your card to pay for return domestic travel
- Free International Travel Insurance Cover lasts for the shorter of the completion of your trip or 6 months of travel or when you return to your usual place of residence
- Free Supplementary Cards
- Purchase Protection Cover lasts for 90 days per year
- Price Guarantee If you purchase personal goods in Australia and then find the same product advertised later in a printed catalogue at a cheaper price within 21 days of purchase, from a store within 25km of the store where the item was purchased, you can claim back the difference if it is more than $75 and less than $300.
- Extended Warranty Warranty is extended for the same duration as the original warranty up to 1 year.
- Rental Car Excess Insurance
Similar credit cards
Virgin Money Virgin Australia Velocity Flyer Card (Purchase & Balance Transfer Offer)
Virgin Money Virgin Australia Velocity Flyer Card (Balance Transfer & Annual Fee Offer)
The ANZ Platinum credit card comes with a number of promotional interest rates and waived fees. ANZ will waive this credit card’s annual fee in the first year, and continue to do so if new cardholders continue to meet a minimum spend each year thereafter.
The ANZ Platinum credit card also comes with a promotional balance transfer offer, with a no-interest period for the first 18 months. After this time, any remaining balance will revert to the same high interest rate that applies to cash advances.
Like many ANZ credit cards, this Platinum option also comes with a number of complimentary perks. Cardholders can take advantage of complimentary shopping insurance, travel insurance and extended warranty insurance. ANZ customers can also shop securely due to the ANZ Money Back Guarantee and emergency credit card replacement available worldwide.
- No annual fee in the first year
- Interest-free balance transfer offer
- Nine additional cardholders
- Moderately high interest rate
- Need to spend to avoid annual fee
- No rewards program
Who is it good for?
ANZ will waive the annual fee in the first year for new customers of the ANZ Platinum credit card, and continue to do so if you meet a minimum spend each year. If you’re already in the habit of putting your daily expenses on a credit card and are currently paying an annual fee for the privilege, the ANZ Platinum credit card could be a good option for you.
With up to nine additional cardholders able to be added for free, this credit card could also be a good option for couples, and even families with older children.
However, the free additional cardholders, combined with this credit card’s moderately high interest rate, could quickly lead to interest stacking up in your monthly statements. If you are not able or willing to pay your credit card off in full each month, it may be best to consider a different card.
What RateCity says
The ANZ Platinum credit card is marketed as an everyday credit card, with a number of perks thrown in for good measure. The minimum spend in order to have the annual fee waived each year means that this card is even more suited to the everyday credit card user.
The option to add up to nine additional cardholders on a credit card with a moderately high interest rate is an easy way for customers’ credit card bills to spiral out of control. Take care to keep a close eye on your spending each month if you do choose to add additional cardholders.
However, if you already use your credit card for most transactions and are in the habit of paying off your bill each month, you could very well take advantage of the conditional no-annual-fee offer, and all of the complimentary services the ANZ Platinum credit card includes.
To apply for the ANZ Platinum credit card, you must be over 18 years old with a good credit rating and currently be earning at least $35,000 annually. Non-Australian residents must meet the same income criteria, and must also have at least nine months remaining on their visa. If you’re ready to apply, have a few personal details on hand, including your identification, income details and recent payslips. The online application should only take about five minutes.
About the lender
ANZ was founded in 1835 under its formal name, Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited. Today, ANZ operates in more than 30 countries worldwide, and employs more than 40,000 staff. Headquartered in Melbourne, ANZ has over 1,300 branches available worldwide. Customers can contact ANZ 24 hours per day, seven days per week for enquiries regarding lost or stolen cards, transaction disputes, or to report a hoax or suspicious communication.