Electronic Wallet Service
|1.5 points for $1 spent||Visa||Up to $2,000 monthly||eligible purchases|
|0.5 points for $1 spent||Visa||uncapped||eligible purchases|
- Free Domestic Travel Insurance Available for up to 14 days when you use your card to pay for return domestic travel
- Free International Travel Insurance Cover lasts for the shorter of the completion of your trip or 6 months of travel or when you return to your usual place of residence
- Purchase Protection Cover lasts for 90 days per year
- Price Guarantee If you purchase personal goods in Australia and then find the same product advertised later in a printed catalogue at a cheaper price within 21 days of purchase, from a store within 25km of the store where the item was purchased, you can claim back the difference if it is more than $75 and less than $300.
- Extended Warranty Warranty is extended for the same duration as the original warranty up to 1 year.
- Rental Car Excess Insurance
- Partner Discounts
Similar credit cards
Virgin Money Virgin Australia Velocity Flyer Card (Points Offer)
The ANZ Rewards Platinum credit card has a moderate annual fee, moderately high interest rates, and a reasonable amount of interest-free days. This card has an associated reward scheme that allows card holders to earn 1.5 Reward Points per $1 spent on eligible purchases, up to $2,000 per statement period. After you’ve reached your limit, you’ll receive 0.5 Reward Points per $1 spent.
With ANZ Rewards, you can choose to redeem your Reward Points for travel benefits, gift cards, shopping vouchers, entertainment and more. You can redeem your points online or over the phone.
The ANZ Rewards Platinum card comes with several complimentary insurances, including overseas travel insurance, rental excess cover and extended warranty insurance. You’ll also get access to VISA Entertainment, which provides exclusive offers for leisure, dining, travel and shopping experiences.
- Complimentary insurances
- Earns ANZ Reward Points
- Mobile banking with ANZ App*
- Moderately high interest rates
- Fee for additional cardholders
- Rewards earn rate falls after $2,000/month
Who is it good for?
The ANZ Rewards Platinum card is a good fit for those who want variety in their spending rewards. Though this card doesn’t earn frequent flyer points, card holders are able to use their points for travel benefits as well as gift cards, merchandise and more. The ANZ Reward scheme allows for more choices, making it well suited to customers who want more than just airline benefits.
This card may not be a good fit for those who would rather cut fees and associated costs than earn rewards. Though the annual fee is moderate, those looking for low-fee cards could find one that charges no annual fee.
Because this card has moderately high interest rates, the ANZ Rewards Platinum card would be better suited to card holders who always pay their bill in full each month. Budget card holders may want to shop around for a card with lower interest rates.
What RateCity says
The ANZ Rewards Platinum credit card is quite reasonable in its fees for a rewards card. Customers searching for a card that will reward them without charging a high annual fee should consider the ANZ Rewards card. Unlike many other cards, the ANZ does not have a limit on the number of Reward Points you can earn, though the points per $1 spent will decrease above $2,000 monthly spend.
The card also provides several complimentary insurances that will benefit both travellers and shoppers. You’ll enjoy three purchase insurances, as well as ANZ’s Fraud Money Back Guarantee if there are any fraudulent transactions on your card.
For card holders who want to minimise fees, the ANZ Rewards Platinum offers few benefits. The card does not waive the annual fee in the first year, and while you can have additional card holders, you’ll pay an extra annual fee for each one.
Eligible applicants for the ANZ Rewards Platinum credit card must be 18 years of age or over and have a good credit rating. Applicants must be a permanent resident or Australia or be a non-Australian permanent resident with at least nine months remaining on their visa. You must earn a minimum annual income of $35,000 and verify your income with two recent payslips. When you apply, you’ll also need details of your expenses, assets and liabilities.
The Australia and New Zealand Banking Group, also called ANZ, is one of Australia’s big four banks as well as one of the largest listed companies in the country. ANZ was founded in the 1830s, focusing on commerce and trade, and has grown to now offer a range of banking products and services to individuals and businesses. ANZ’s offering includes credit cards, personal loans, insurance, superannuation, bank accounts and home loans.
*The ANZ App is provided by Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited (ANZ) ABN 11 005 357 522. Super, Shares and Insurance (if available) are not provided by ANZ but entities which are not banks. ANZ does not guarantee them. This information is general in nature only and does not take into account your personal objectives, financial situation or needs. ANZ recommends that you read the ANZ App Terms and Conditions available at www.anz.com and consider if this service is appropriate to you prior to making a decision to acquire or use the ANZ App.
Popular credit cards searches
- teachers credit card teachers mutual bank credit cards
- platinum visa boq credit cards
- balance transfer no fees credit cards
- visa classic credit card bank first credit cards
- platinum balance transfer offer citibank credit cards
- virgin aust velocity high flyer card virgin money credit cards
- low interest 6 months credit cards
- virgin aust velocity flyer card points offer virgin money credit cards
- low interest 12 months credit cards
- low rate card virgin money credit cards
- View more searches