Electronic Wallet Service
|0.6 points for $1 spent||Mastercard||Up to $20,000 monthly||eligible transactions|
- Free International Travel Insurance Cover lasts for the shorter of 90 consecutive days or 180 days during the year
- Free Supplementary Cards Supplementary cardholder must be over 16 years of age
- Purchase Protection Cover lasts for 90 days per year
- Price Guarantee If you purchase personal goods in Australia and then find the same product advertised later at a cheaper price you can claim a refund for the difference
- Extended Warranty
- Rental Car Excess Insurance
Similar credit cards
Virgin Money Virgin Australia Velocity Flyer Card (Balance Transfer & Annual Fee Offer)
The Bendigo & Adelaide Bank Qantas Platinum Mastercard is a rewards credit card that allows cardholders to earn points for their Qantas Frequent Flyer membership. This credit card also comes with a number of other features, including comprehensive travel insurance for up to 180 days, extended warranty on purchases and purchase protection for up to 90 days if items are lost, stolen or damaged.
If you are not already a Qantas Frequent Flyer member, the sign-up fee will be waived when choosing the Bendigo & Adelaide Bank Qantas Platinum Mastercard.
This credit card has a moderately high interest rate (which can be expected with a rewards credit card) as well as a moderately high annual fee. There are also a moderate number of interest-free days available per billing cycle and a predictably high interest rate on cash advances.
- Earn Qantas Frequent Flyer points
- Comprehensive travel insurance
- Extended warranty and purchase protection
- Moderately high interest rate
- Moderately high annual fee
- No additional cardholders
Who is it good for?
The Bendigo & Adelaide Bank Qantas Platinum Mastercard could be a good option for existing Bendigo & Adelaide Bank customers who are looking for a rewards credit card, so that they can earn points on their everyday transactions. The waived Qantas Frequent Flyer membership fee could also serve to persuade customers who might be tossing up between a few different frequent flyer rewards programs.
For customers who travel frequently, the comprehensive travel insurance could also be an appealing feature, as long as they don’t need it for more than 180 days per year.
However, like all rewards credit cards, the Bendigo & Adelaide Bank Qantas Platinum Mastercard comes with a moderately high interest rate, so it is less suitable for customers who don’t pay off their credit cards in full each month.
What RateCity says
The Bendigo & Adelaide Bank Qantas Platinum Mastercard is yet another rewards credit card on the market, with a moderately high interest rate and annual fee to match.
Rewards credit cards rarely come cheap, so it is simply a matter of deciding whether the perks and benefits outweigh the cost of the card. With the Bendigo & Adelaide Bank Qantas Platinum Mastercard, there are certainly more generous rewards points credit cards available, but this card does also include some sought-after extras, including comprehensive travel insurance, extended warranty and purchase protection.
For existing Bendigo & Adelaide Bank customers, this card may be an easy option to link to their existing bank account and keep their financial products under one roof. But for other customers, there are more generous rewards points offers available at the same price.
To apply for the Bendigo & Adelaide Bank Qantas Platinum Mastercard, you must be at least 18 years old and meet any other serviceable criteria, potentially including minimum income, credit history and residency status. You can apply online in four easy steps, and will be asked to provide information on your finances and employment, as well as personal details to verify your identity. It’s a good idea to have some identification and recent payslips and bank statements on hand.
About the lender
Bendigo & Adelaide Bank is an Australian bank that was formed in 2007 with the merger of Bendigo Bank and Adelaide Bank. The company’s history traces back as far as 1858, when it was established as a building society during the Victorian gold rush. Today, Bendigo & Adelaide Bank have over 400 branches across Australia. This bank remains headquartered in Bendigo, Victoria, and also has a major office in Adelaide.
Popular credit cards searches
- prestige citi rewards program citibank credit cards
- low rate mastercard commonwealth bank credit cards
- low fee gold mastercard commonwealth bank credit cards
- mcgrath pink visa card community first cu credit cards
- vip seating credit cards
- cash back credit cards
- flybuys credit cards credit cards
- credit cards for good credit rating credit cards
- faqs credit cards
- purchase rate credit cards
- View more searches