Qantas Rewards Signature Card
Bonus PointsReceive 130,000 Qantas Points when you spend $3,000 in 60 days and keep your card open for over 12 months. 0% p.a. balance transfer rate for 6 months.
- Last updated on 09 Jul 2020
Balance Transfer Rate
for 6 months then 21.74%
for 12 months then $395
Max Free Days
- Balance Transfers Available
- Free domestic travel insurance
- Free international travel insurance
- Free supplementary cards
- Purchase protection insurance
- Price guarantee
- Extended warranty
Number free supplementary
Interest Free Days
Interest Free Days
for 12 months then $395
Maximum credit limit
No set max
Late Payment Fee
Minimum credit limit
Over limit fee
Minimum repayment dollars
Duplicate statement fee
Minimum repayment percent
Supplementary card annual fee
Cash advance rate
Balance Transfer Rate
Balance Transfer Rate
for 6 months then 21.74%
of the approved credit limit
Balance Transfer Fee
Foreign Exchange Fee
3% on Visa
Estimated ATM Cost
for AU $300 withdrawal
Qantas Frequent Flyer
Gift Card, Domestic Flights, International Flights, Flight Upgrades, Qantas Shop, Qantas Hotels
|1 point for $1 spent||Visa||Up to $5k monthly||eligible everyday purchases|
|0.5 points for $1 spent||Visa||Up to $20k monthly||eligible everyday purchases|
- FREE DOMESTIC TRAVEL INSURANCE A qualifying purchase is required.
- FREE INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL INSURANCE A qualifying purchase is required.
- FREE SUPPLEMENTARY CARDS Supplementary cardholder must be over 16 years of age
- PURCHASE PROTECTION INSURANCE
- PRICE GUARANTEE If you purchase personal goods in Australia and then find the same product advertised later in a printed catalogue at a cheaper price within 21 days of purchase, from a store within 25km of the store where the item was purchased, you can claim back the difference if it is more than $75.
- EXTENDED WARRANTY
- Bonus PointsBalance Transfer Receive 130,000 Qantas Points when you spend $3,000 in 60 days and keep your card open for over 12 months. 0% p.a. balance transfer rate for 6 months.*Offer commenced 2 March 2020. To be eligible for the 130,000 bonus Qantas Points offer, you must apply for a new personal NAB Qantas Rewards Signature Card before the offer is withdrawn, be approved, and spend $3,000 on everyday purchases within 60 days of opening your account. Qantas Points will be awarded on a tiered basis - 100,000 bonus Qantas Points when you spend $3,000 on everyday purchases in the first 60 days (credited to your points balance within 3 months of meeting the spend criteria) and 30,000 bonus Qantas Points after 12 months (credited to your points balance within the 13th month). Everyday purchases exclude transactions NAB decides are wholly or partly for gambling or gaming purposes. NAB may vary or end this offer at any time. Offer is not available when closing/transferring from another NAB credit card account or in conjunction with any other NAB card offer. This bonus Qantas Points offer is not available to existing customers who have received or are entitled to receive NAB Bonus Qantas Points for a new personal NAB Qantas Rewards credit card in the twelve months prior to the opening of a NAB Qantas Rewards Signature Card, NAB Qantas Rewards Premium Card or NAB Qantas Rewards Card account. A return Qantas Economy Classic Flight Reward from Sydney to London is 110,400 Qantas Points plus $657.74 in taxes, fees and carrier charges, Sydney to Los Angeles is 83,800 Qantas Points plus $392.04 in taxes, fees and carrier charges, Sydney to New York (via LAX) is 110,400 Qantas Points plus $490.34 in taxes, fees and carrier charges, Sydney to Honolulu is 63,000 Qantas Points plus $392.04 in taxes, fees and carrier charges and Sydney to Bangkok return for 50,400 points plus $280 taxes, fees and carrier charges. Classic Flight Reward seats are subject to capacity controls, availability is limited, some flights may be on partner airlines and some flights may not have any Classic Flight Rewards available. Qantas Points plus taxes, fees and carrier charges are accurate as at 4 February 2020, but may vary at the time of booking. Status Credits and Qantas Points will not be earned on Classic Flight Rewards. For more information, visit qantas.com/classicflightrewards. ~The reduced annual card fee of $295 will be charged at the time of card opening and applies for the first 12 months. You will be charged the standard annual card fee (currently $395) in the 13th month of your card account 1. Interest-free days on purchases applies if you pay your account in full by the due date each month. You won’t receive interest free days on purchases while you have a balance transfer. However, from 30 March 2020 you may still receive the benefit of interest-free days on purchases if you have an outstanding balance transfer, if you pay the ‘interest-free days payment’ specified on your monthly statement in full by the due date each month. For more information visit nab.com.au/btchange. 2. Points are capped at $20,000 spend per statement period. To earn and redeem Qantas Points using your NAB Qantas Rewards Signature Card, you must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program and have provided your valid membership number to NAB. Points are offered in accordance with the NAB Qantas Credit Card Account Reward Terms and Conditions. If you are not already a Qantas Frequent Flyer member, the joining fee to be waived if you apply and receive a NAB Qantas Rewards Signature Card and join through qantas.com.au/joinffnab. Membership and the earning and redemption of points is subject to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program terms and conditions, available at qantas.com.au/terms. You will earn 1 Bonus Point for every dollar charged to your Card Account for the purchase in Australia of the following services directly from Qantas (ie. where Qantas, and not its agent, is identified as the merchant on the credit card transaction): •Qantas flights •Qantas Club and Qantas Frequent Flyer memberships, and •purchases from 'Qantas Travel' customer shop fronts. Unless otherwise notified, Bonus Points will not be earned in relation to purchases from: •Qantas Freight •Qantas Holidays Ltd •Qantas Business Travel Pty Ltd •other businesses or franchisees of Jetset Travelworld Ltd •Qantas Staff Travel •Jetstar Airways Pty Ltd •other Jetstar-branded businesses, or •for goods or services supplied by Qantas Frequent Flyer program partners. 3. Standard Balance Transfer Rate - After 6 months, any unpaid balance transfers will attract the standard cash advance rate (currently 21.74% p.a as at 18 June 2018). Interest rates are subject to change and available at nab.com.au. Interest-free days on purchases do not apply while you have a balance transfer. However, from 30 March 2020 you may still receive the benefit of interest-free days on purchases if you have an outstanding balance transfer, if you pay the ‘interest-free days payment’ specified on your monthly statement in full by the due date each month. For more information visit nab.com.au/btchange. Minimum monthly repayments must be made by the due date each month. The one off balance transfer fee of 2% is calculated on the amount transferred and is charged to your NAB credit card account when your balance transfer is processed. Standard balance transfer rate and term may be varied or withdrawn at any time. Not available in conjunction with the Balance Transfer Special offer. 4. A qualifying purchase is required to get the benefits of the complimentary insurance. Terms, conditions and exclusions of the complimentary insurances are specified in the NAB Card Insurance Policy Information booklet (PDF, 391KB) and in the NAB Purchase Protection Insurance policy information booklet (PDF, 924KB) and may be amended. The complimentary insurances are issued by QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited ABN 78 003 191 035 to NAB. Access to the benefit of cover under the NAB card insurances is provided to eligible NAB cardholders by operation of s48 of the Insurance Contracts Act 1984 (Cth). 5. This service is provided by Visa Worldwide Pte Ltd or International SOS (Australasia) Pty Ltd. Your concierge is available on 1300 730 213, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. See the NAB Concierge terms and conditions (PDF, 234KB) for full details. NAB may vary or end this offer at any time. Offer is not available when closing/transferring from another NAB credit card account. Credit Card Terms and Conditions available here. Fees and charges are payable. Approval and credit limit are subject to NAB's credit assessment criteria. Information, including interest rates and fees are subject to change. Credit cards issued by National Australia Bank Limited. Correct as at 18 June 2018. ©2020 National Australia Bank Limited ABN 12 004 044 937 AFSL and Australian Credit Licence 230686.
Compare and review credit cards with similar features
American Express Qantas American Express Ultimate Card
Bonus PointsReceive 55,000 bonus Qantas Points when you apply online, are approved and spend $3,000 on your new Card within the first 3 months. Offer available to new American Express Card Members only
National Australia Bank, more commonly known as NAB, is one of the big four banks in Australia. NAB is headquartered in Melbourne and has more than 900 locations across the country. NAB has over 30,000 employees who serve over 9 million customers.
NAB customers can reach out to customer support by contacting them via:
- Customer service (phone, email, branch)
- Mobile app
- Online banking
- Live Chat
- Mobile banking staff
NAB offers a wide range of credit cards, as well as home loans, personal loans, savings accounts, term deposits and much more.
The NAB Qantas Rewards Signature Card has a high annual fee, moderately high interest rate and very low balance transfer rate, and is aimed at those who travel frequently.
If you spend $3,000 on everyday purchases within 60 days of the account being opened, you will receive 90,000 bonus Qantas Points. That amount will allow you to travel to most places in the world. Plus, after 12 months, you can receive an additional 30,000 bonus Qantas Points, for 120,000 bonus Qantas Points in total.
The card’s rewards scheme lets you continue building your points balance by earning 1 Qantas Point per $1 spent up to $5,000, and then 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 spent between $5,001 and $20,000.
Also, if you already have a credit card in debt, you may be able to save money by transferring it to this card, with a 2% balance transfer fee and a 0% balance transfer rate for the first six months.
- 90,000 introductory Qantas Points + 30,000 bonus Qantas Points after 12 months
- Free travel insurances (if eligible)
- 0% balance transfer rate
- High annual fee
- Moderately high interest rate
- Points cap of $20,000 per month
Who is it good for?
This card is aimed at frequent travellers and those who want to build up the Qantas points through spending on purchases. Of course, you don’t get something for nothing, and the points rewards are balanced by a high annual fee and high interest on purchases. Also, your spending to earn points is capped at $20,000 each month.
Travellers will also like the range of complimentary travel insurances (provided you spend at least $500 on prepaid travel costs with the card before your trip), a 24/7 concierge service and access to a number of events before tickets go on sale to the public.
However, while it’s attractive to be able to earn all those points when you spend, there is the $20,000 cap each month and the interest is high if you don’t pay off your statement in full each month.
What RateCity says
The NAB Qantas Rewards Signature Card is designed to appeal to anyone who likes to accumulate and use Qantas bonus points. While there are conditions attached to earning the bonus 120,000 points, the travel insurances and a cap on monthly spending to earn points, for those people who can take advantage of the conditions, this card does offer an attractive way to earn points.
However, the annual fee and the interest rates on purchases and cash advances are high on the card, so while you’re spending to get points, remember to pay off your balance each month. There’s also a late payment fee if you don’t pay off at least the minimum repayment each month.
The balance transfer rate might help you reduce debt on your existing card, but after six months, any unpaid debt will revert to that high interest rate, so again it’s about managing your credit.
To apply for the NAB Qantas Rewards Signature Card you must be at least 18 years old and either a resident or citizen of Australia, although temporary residents are also eligible. You need to be earning a regular (or any) weekly income and not have applied for multiple credit cards recently. The application process is straightforward and can be done online or in person at a branch of the bank.
National Australia Bank is one of Australia’s big four banks providing finance products to customers, including credit cards, personal and home loans. Customers can stay in 24/7 contact with customer service representatives through the bank’s phone hotline and online services. Customers can also manage their own finances through the bank’s internet banking portal and mobile app. NAB originated in 1982 as the result of the merger of two financial institutions. It has since expanded rapidly across the globe.
Property Personal Finance Writer
A property and personal finance writer, Nick Bendel covers property, loans, credit cards, superannuation, and other bank products. Nick has previously written for The Adviser, Mortgage Business, Lifehacker, Business Insider, Yahoo Finance, and InvestorDaily, and loves getting elbow-deep in the latest ABS, APRA and RBA data.
There is no one-size-fits-all best rewards credit card. It's best you research what type of rewards program you'd like, as well as the fees, interest rate and conditions associated with those types of cards before making a choice.
Rewards credit cards can also come with high annual fees that may end up nullifying the rewards, so think how often you use the card to decide whether the benefits outweigh the extra cost for you. A card with a lower annual fee might require a lot of spending to get any useful rewards, while another card with a higher annual fee might need fewer purchases to get a reward.