How often is your data updated?
We work closely with lenders to get updates as quick as possible, with updates made the same day wherever possible.
Why is it important to get the most up-to-date information?
The mortgage market changes constantly. Every week, new products get launched and existing products get tweaked. Yet many ratings and awards systems rank products annually or biannually.
We update our product data as soon as possible when lenders make changes, so if a bank hikes its interest rates or changes its product, the system will quickly re-evaluate it.
Nobody wants to read a weather forecast that is six months old, and the same is true for home loan comparisons.
How will Real Time Ratings help me find a new home loan?
The home loan market is complex. With almost 4,000 different loans on offer, it’s becoming increasingly difficult to work out which loans work for you.
That’s where Real Time RatingsTM can help. Our system automatically filters out loans that don’t fit your requirements and ranks the remaining loans based on your individual loan requirements and preferences.
Best of all, the ratings are calculated in real time so you know you’re getting the most current information.
What is Real Time Ratings?
Real Time RatingsTM ranks home loans according to cost and flexibility. This allows you to compare products using a simple score out of five.
Our world-first system analyses almost 4,000 mortgages based on your individual requirements. Best of all, the results are generated in real time, so if a lender has just hiked its interest rates or introduced extra fees, our system has factored this in.
What factors does Real Time Ratings consider?
Real Time RatingsTM uses a range of information to provide personalised results:
- Your loan amount
- Your borrowing status (whether you are an owner-occupier or an investor)
- Your loan-to-value ratio (LVR)
- Your personal preferences (such as whether you want an offset account or to be able to make extra repayments)
- Product information (such as a loan’s interest rate, fees and LVR requirements)
- Market changes (such as when new loans come on to the market)
How is the flexibility score calculated?
Points are awarded for different features. More important features get more points. The points are then added up and indexed into a score from 0 to 5.
What is the flexibility score?
Today’s home loans often try to lure borrowers with a range of flexible features, including offset accounts, redraw facilities, repayment frequency options, repayment holidays, split loan options and portability. Real Time Ratings™ weights each of these features based on popularity and gives loans a ‘flexibility score’ based on how much they cater to borrowers’ needs over time. The aim is to give a higher score to loans which give borrowers more features and options.
Does each product always have the same rating?
No, the rating you see depends on a number of factors and can change as you tell us more about your loan profile and preferences. The reasons you may see a different rating:
- Lenders have made changes. Our ratings show the relative competitiveness of all the products listed at a given time. As the listing change, so do the ratings.
- You have updated you profile. If you increase your loan amount, the impact of different rates and fees will change which loans are the lowest cost for you.
- You adjust your preferences. The more you search for flexible loan features, the more importance we assign to the Flexibility Score. You can also adjust your Flexibility Weighting yourself, which will recalculate the ratings with preference given to more flexible loans.
Today's top home loan products
Fixed Rate Home Loan (with Advantage Package)
Fixed - 2 years
CashbackRefinance and get $3000 for new Owner Occupier (Principal & Interest) and Residential Investment loans. Apply by 30th November 2021 and settle by 28th February 2022. Terms and conditions apply.*
Basic Variable Rate (Flexi First Option) Home Loan
Gold Award Winner 2021
Intro 24 months
CashbackRefinance and get $3,000 cashback for new Owner Occupier and Investment Loans. Apply by 30 November 2021 and settle by 28th February 2022. Terms and Conditions apply.*