Why are you doing this?
RateCity wants to prove that it pays to check your home loan rate, and provide some extra motivation for doing so. We want to encourage people to take an active interest in their home loans, and gain a thorough understanding of what they’re paying and how much they could save.
Your current home loan interest rate. To accurately calculate how much you could save, an accurate interest figure is required. If you are not certain, check your bank statement or log into your mortgage account.
The money you pay back to your lender at regular intervals.
Specialist lenders, also known as non-conforming lenders, are lenders that offer mortgages to ‘non-vanilla’ borrowers who struggle to get finance at mainstream banks.
That includes people with bad credit, as well as borrowers who are self-employed, in casual employment or are new to Australia.
Specialist lenders take a much more flexible approach to assessing mortgage applications than mainstream banks.
Will you pay off the amount you borrowed + interest or just the interest for a period?
Real Time RatingsTM uses a range of information to provide personalised results:
- Your loan amount
- Your borrowing status (whether you are an owner-occupier or an investor)
- Your loan-to-value ratio (LVR)
- Your personal preferences (such as whether you want an offset account or to be able to make extra repayments)
- Product information (such as a loan’s interest rate, fees and LVR requirements)
- Market changes (such as when new loans come on to the market)
The latest in home loan news
Today's top home loan products
Find popular home loan lenders from a wide range of Australian. View All >