To calculate your level of potential mortgage stress, simply enter your details into the available fields, including:
- Your pre-tax income,
- Your monthly mortgage repayments, and
- A partner's pre-tax income (optional).
The mortgage stress bar will then show visually how close you may be to experiencing mortgage stress.
- Stress Free Zone: You are spending less than 20% of your income on home loan repayments. You are not in mortgage stress and are not likely to be in mortgage stress for some time.
- Stress Danger Zone: You spend between 20-30% of your income on home loan repayments. You are close to the mortgage stress tipping point if interest rates were to rise further, or your financial situation were to change, but you are not yet in mortgage stress.
- Mortgage Stress Zone: You are spending 30% or more of your income on mortgage repayments. You are already in mortgage stress.